Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A blue kinda day.


  • Top: Maurices
  • Cardigan: Old Navy
  • Skinny Jeans: Z. Cavaricci via Torrid (buy)
  • Pumps: ? via Craigslist

The blue, in this case, is for the cold as well as my outfit. Yesterday barely got above freezing, and we had the additional fun of a fresh layer of snow on top or more ice and snow that had not yet melted. But that's okay, on Saturday, my wife and I followed a Craigslist post to a wonderful lady selling a large lot of shoes, and I ended up with several new-to-me pairs of shoes on the cheap. And since it was way too icy, snowy, and cold to be outside much today, I decided to wear one of my new pairs of heels. I just love the blue color of the shoes, and so I decided to keep piling on more blue and neutrals.

Today's post is my first outfit of 2011, and it feels like I'm starting to get back on track. I just want to thank every one for bearing with me while I've been so busy lately. I feel so disconnected, and I just can't wait to go read everyone's blogs and see what been going on. I also wanted to introduce a friend of mine who has just started blogging: Just A Small Town Girl.... Oh, and if you're interested, don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $25 gift certificate to CSN Stores.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their year, and as usual, my fantastic wife took the pictures for today's post.

15 comments:

  1. You look great in those jeans!! Legs for miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! How fortuitous to find someone selling shoes in your size (!!!) on Craigslist! Clearly, you were meant to own these shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pair of jeans! And how fabulous for new shoes. Hope you're staying warm with all this ridiculous snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been missing you! I'm so sorry I haven't been by in a while! Those shoes are awesome and your cardi is super slimming- as are your jeans. You're really good at making your legs look awesome, btw. Overshare? I dunno... But I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those jeans on you. The heels are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have blue heels now? I've been searching for a pair for myself for, well, probably years now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky to have stumbled across a shoe sale like that!!! This outfit is simply fantastic, from the blue heels to the mix of prints in your blouse, to the skinny jeans. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those jeans look amazing on you. congrats on the huge shoe score!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first time I've seen you in jeans - you look fantastic! And great score on the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Matt! I have been (and still am) on a little break. I am still checking out everyone else. I LOVE your top. Everytime I see something really fabulous it is from Maurice's--and there are none near me.

    Happy New Year!
    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great outfit. I love the top alot. :)

    Hope we can give one another a follow. :)

    -Sandra.*
    (www.cardinalmess.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those skinnies look amazing! And the colour of that top! Brill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute heels and colours! :) Love the blog - isn't it great how the internet can an outlet for everyone?
    You have a new follower! Hope you can check out my blog and follow back!

    Bex

    http://sucker-for-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. AGREE! Bravo on the jeans!!!
    Thanks for commenting on mine! I always wonder if I am supposed to write back on the comments because it doesn't notify the commentors on my blog, but I DO READ and appreciate each comment on there!
    Oh well...guess I'll figure it out :0).
    Looking great!
    ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the comments! That is weird that it wouldn't let you read the one I left for you! I just said thank you for following and finding me! I also left a link to a new blog I started to go along with my New Years Resolutions: http://kindergartendressup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete