Monday, January 17, 2011

Velma.


  • Dress: Macy's (buy)
  • Boots: Payless
  • Pantyhose: Just My Size
  • Socks: Target (previously)

This was an outfit from last week that I meant to blog. The dress was bought with Christmas money, but I've had my eyes on it for a while. So when I was doing some after Christmas shopping, and noticed it on clearance... I figured that meant it was time to make a purchase. When I picked it out, the burnt orange color was one of the draws, but it was only after I had the outfit on with some nerd-chic glasses (not pictured of course...) that I realized that with a few minor changes, I was dressed similar to a certain Scooby Doo character.

Now I have to take a second to thank some really awesome bloggers. First, AppGal of Musings on the Mountain listed me, along with some other wonderful bloggers, in her post on blogs you should read! So thanks the for wonderful shout out! And Lisa from respect the shoes reminded her readers about my giveaway in her Lazy on a Sunday Afternoon. And Meg of Questionable Taste kindly mentioned me in her post What I've Learned. Thank you so much for these mentions! And of course, I hope I haven't missed anyone!


And last but not least, Ariana of fatale fashion gave me a stylish blogger award! Thanks so much Ariana! Now as part of the award I'm supposed to list seven things about me.

  1. I love ballroom and latin dancing. Its a passion actually, but where we're located, we don't have a lot of opportunities to go out and dance.
  2. I love horrible movies. The worse the better actually. My latest favorite is Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. Of course, some movies really are just bad, but there are certain types of Grade D cheese fests that I adore.
  3. I secretly enjoy Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, La Roux, and other pop singers. And I don't usually want to admit it to my friends. (And I'll even admit that I owned a New Kids on the Block tape when I was growing up.) Now, I'm not one to obsess, so I'm not a super fan by any means, and I enjoy a pretty wide range of music.
  4. I love traveling. I have seen (and waded in) both the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean within the same two week period once.
  5. I was involved in band all the way through college. I even stuck with marching band for part of my college career. Ironically (or perhaps not...) I don't usually enjoy watching football at all.
  6. In addition to my personal addiction to shoes, my wife and I both have a serious addiction to collecting books. And books, like shoes, present serious storage issues when you have "too many". We have "too many".
  7. I spend a lot of time procrastinating. Its actually gotten worse as I've gotten older. I try to compensate for this by reading nearly anything I can find on better ways to be organized. Of course, reading up on better ways to be organized is a great way to procrastinate. :)

I know I'm supposed to pass the award on to 8 other bloggers, but I have so many wonderful blog friends and I wouldn't feel right leaving someone out. In addition I truly believe all of my readers are stylish, so if you need a reminder of how stylish you already are, consider yourself awarded the Stylish Blogger Award!

21 comments:

  1. That dress is awesome! I love that color! And look at you rocking your hot legs! Hugs on the award! I gave you one as well on my blog!

    Hope your day was awesome!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress! I like how it looks like an oversized cardigan and then you just forgot to put pants on. I'm being serious. I LIKE that look. It makes the outfit more laid back and effortless.

    Congrats on all your awards and mentions. You totally deserve it! I think pop music like the stuff you listed is pretty much horrible, but it gets me through my work outs better than anything else! Therefore, my iPod is loaded with tons of embarrassing artists like these. Although I have to admit, Lady Gaga is someone I WILL admit to liking. She has some great songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to believe that there is such thing as "Too many" books. Stacks of books with a board over top is a very functional coffee table! And who needs a kitchen table if you have a coffee table? Look at all the room for books on there!

    Great find on the dress! I love using the "it's here, and now on sale, so it must be meant to be!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright color! Gorgeous pop of cheer!

    How awesome that you were mentioned in so many blogs recently. What fun!

    I love learning new things about people. Pacific and the Atlantic within 2 weeks?! That's neat! My dream library is the one in Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sweater dress - that color looks great on you! I love the boots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing sweater dress! I'm loving the color and the length, and I love your socks peeking out!

    COngrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dress! This is one of my most favorite colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic sweaterdress. I love the inspiration too!!

    Shoes and books are two of the absolute best addictions to have. Both of my collections are growing all the time (at least the book one anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the dress,fantastic colour!!

    http://laughing-in-the-purple-rain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a different look than what I expected! I have a lot of your older posts to catch up on... however, love the dress paired with boots and the boot socks- differnet from the normal dress/tights/boots, and super cute! I'd love to see this dress styled with a belt too : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color of that sweater dress is amazing! I love it! And the boots and socks is such a fun look and goes with the dress perfectly!

    Congrats on the award, I loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color of your dress!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear i follow you, hope you'll do the same
    silvie
    http://oneadaysilvie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great dress! I love the socks and boots trend too, I just don't have any socks to try it out with.

    Marching band, huh? I was in chorus. Same thing only...not at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the shoutout - I totally wasn't thinking Scooby Doo until you mentioned it - now I can't stop thinking Velma, Velma, Velma!

    Back in the day, my gal friends and I used to love to do bad movie day featuring none other than king of bad movies - Jean-Claude Van Damme! My friends thought I had a crush on him but I really didn't - I just really appreciated the cheese quality!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Velma! i love it! and congrats on your blogger award.
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun that you enjoy latin/ballroom dancing. My boyfriend and I really enjoy it as well. We took lessons through the Arthur Murray studios and I'm thinking we should start up again. It's expensive, but well worth it (I might even be willing to sacrifice some of my shoe budget to make it work!)

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Matt !!! howww are you !! i miss u !
    sorry i have been away for such a long time , i missed out so many of your new posts

    anyway i am back and give me some time to catch back lol

    Happy New Year

    hugs and kisses.

    Jasmine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love kintted dresses in winter - or sometimes, wearing long a cardigans or sweaters as a dress too! Works best with boots I think, just the way you wear it.

    ReplyDelete