






My outfit
- Dress: Asos (buy)
- Belt: Torrid (previously)
- Cardigan: Maurices (previously)
- Tights: JC Penney
- Boots: Nine West



My Wife's Outfit
- Top: Kohl's
- Skinny Jeans: Torrid
- Pumps: Nine West
The month of January was a bit of a rollercoaster, it had some major ups, and some frustrating downs, but mostly a lot of things to take up a lot of time. Hopefully my schedule will calm down for a bit. But this post is about a very big personal up for me. And since I said I would do Fabulous in February as organized by Hope and Melissa, I think this post will work into that quite well.
Early in January, I lucked into finding a seller on Craigslist who first had shoes in my size, and then clothes, and posted about that. For my second visit, I actually went dressed up, without my wife accompanying me, to see a person I didn't really know that well. That was a big deal for me, and a positive experience to be accepted by people in a situation like that. I'm sure I will post some outfits with the clothes I bought soon, but it turns out that was actually a good warm-up for the next weekend.

Our last haircuts were at Halloween, and we went in costume to get that haircut, and so I always had that to fall back on if anyone said anything. This time, however, there was nothing to hide behind. I dressed how I wanted, and thankfully, the hair salon we use is pretty cool like that. In hindsight, its hard to see why I was nervous, one of the stylists had a beard that went quite well with his dress. My stylist did a wonderful job on my hair, and that was a great start to the evening. And the outdoor pictures are at the park we've used several times before after the trip to the salon.

Next, we met up with two other female friends for dinner at an Asian fusion restaurant. I'll freely admit I was pretty nervous at this point, but I felt good about how I looked. We waited in the car until one of the friends arrived, and then headed in to get a table. Even though it was early, we ended up having to wait for a table, even after our other friend joined us. Dinner was good, and the waiter didn't say anything if he noticed.

Dinner ended up being a wonderful success. Ironically, the biggest shock of the evening was nothing. I felt pretty normal, and no one seemed to notice at all. We both enjoyed ourselves, got haircuts we were happy with, and had a fun dinner with some of our friends. I'm definitely looking forward to our next outing. I'm not sure when it will be, but the confidence boost I've gotten from my supportive friends and from all the wonderful support I've gotten from commenters and other bloggers.

And on that note, as part of Hope and Melissa's challenge, I'm supposed to list three positives about myself:
- I'm honest. It's not always easy, and it doesn't always make getting along with other people easier, but I find it very difficult to deceive or maintain deceptions.
- Crossdressing. I spent a good portion of my life feeling like crossdressing was the worst thing that had ever happened to me. I still have plenty of down days. Whether this is a "lifestyle", a "hobby", or whatever, this is something I have never quite been able to "not" do. But this is part of who I am, and its not going away, and now I'm trying to enjoy and make it a positive, constructive part of my life.
- I like my legs. It's probably my number one physical feature that gets comments here, and I don't think anyone had ever said anything about my legs before I started openly wearing skirts. And I admit I can't always see it myself, but I do like my legs, and I will say that here.
And with that, I hope I'll get back to a regular schedule and finding out what I've missed on everyone's wonderful blogs. And of course, my awesome wife took most of the pictures in today's post.
So glad you're back and that you (and I'm following Fabulous in February and going with the positive) you had very "uneventful" outings! I love the look with the skinny jeans! I'm loving the bob... I seriously didn't think it was you! And honesty is great! I love how candid you can be on this blog!
ReplyDeleteGreat haircuts! I'm so happy to hear that you have been accepted for what you do/are without any issues. Sometimes it's nice to know that there are people in the world who are not complete idiots.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you're back blogging :) You and the wife both look terrific! Looking at the two of you, you look like BFF's lol :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your haircut- it really brought out the curl! And the wife's hair is very sleek and stylish too : )
It's awesome that you both had such a nice night :) I like the idea of Positive-ness for February- I should do something like this for myself :)
Glad you are back!
ReplyDeleteYour dress is very flattering, and so pretty! And your wife has that kind of thick, silky hair that I've always dreamed of having!
YAY MATT!!!
ReplyDeleteI know we talked about this in email but seriously, I love this outfit, love the tights, love the boots and your hair looks amazing.
I'm so glad you had a great night out with friends and I love your three positive things about yourself! Hooray!!!
I love the mix of red and purple! Congrats on the cute haircuts, Your hair curls gorgeously! I really love your wife's top, Kohls has some really cute stuff.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your back, I've missed seeing all your amazing outfits! Your hair looks fabulous and I'm glad you had a good experience out with your friends.
ReplyDeleteMatt, I'm so happy you participated and I loved your positives. What a GREAT dress, btw!! It looks amazing with the tights and boots. I'm so happy to see you back :)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you back again! Loved reading more about you in your positives. The hair looks great, and I absolutely LOVE that dress! So cute!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! That must have been so wonderful and nerve-wracking! Good for you! And I love the purple tights with the red belt!
ReplyDeleteGo go! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great dress! I would have never been brave enough to pair a colorful dress with colored tights, but it looks fabulous! I wish my hair curled as nicely as yours. Love your wife's shoes!
ReplyDeletelove your tights and your wife's shoes! glad you are back to blogging and getting more comfortable. :) keep it up.
ReplyDelete<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com
great boots. Did you get then long ago?
ReplyDeletewow, you're really cool. Thank god for some sort of variety in this awful blogospere.
ReplyDelete1. Good for you and your social accomplishments! You're confidence will only continue to grow with fabulous outfits like this! as it should :)
ReplyDelete2. the boots are rockin'- purple tights with the cognac leather are perfect
3. your wife's heels a fun patent grey with the reds of her top
thanks for stopping by my blog!
MATT i missss yoooooooooooooooou
ReplyDeleteHello! And thank you so much for visiting + following my blog. I am loving your outfit here, great mix of colours + that belt, is FAB. Great to hear that you had such a wonderful dinner & day, and a big cheers to being yourself. xx veronika
ReplyDeleteI like both prints featured here! The diagonal plaid on your wife's blouse is just darling, and the cut of the blouse is perfection! And the bright florals on your black dress are just so lovely. I'm insanely jealous of that dress -- you know me and florals!!!
ReplyDeleteoh i love the floral dress and the purple tights! very cute hair style too! your wifes outfit looked great aswell! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
A_riot