Monday, March 7, 2011

Bright outfit, cold day, and an unexpected blogging break.


First, I must apologize for my absence. While I have never publicly committed to a posting schedule, I like to make sure that I post "regularly", and frankly I feel worse that I have not been reading and leaving comments on other blogs as well. I will chalk it all up to a lack of time coupled with technical difficulties: This year has been... busy for lack of a better way to put it, and then I ended up suffering from a lost (and then found...) wallet (but not found before I canceled all the credit/bank/ATM cards and got a new id!), and a dead computer, (and all this interrupted working on pulling together stuff for our taxes... which are still not done! Ugh). In fact, my computer is still dead. Thankfully I don't think I lost anything, but I'm still waiting on a new one, and borrowing my wife's computer at the moment. And the cake topper was tripping and damaging a pair of heels on their first outing (I'm fine... the heels... not so much). I would love to tell you all that I suffered all this with grace, poise and dignity, and that I was pleasant to be around. But that would be a lie, so I won't say that.

On the other hand, I do have a backlog of outfits to post as soon as I can work out some technical details of getting them off my old computer, and I have some pictures still on the camera for even more posts. Alas, I will still be posting... somewhat randomly for the next few days. And while I would love to go back over all the blogs I have missed, I will be doing a lot of skimming and then hitting "mark all as read" in Google Reader soon, and hopefully figuring out a better way to stay on top of my reading, and I am so sorry for missing out what has been happening with everyone and your wonderful outfits. So please excuse this brief rambling post and forgive me for not staying on top of everyone's blogs, and hopefully enjoy this outfit from a few weeks ago that I uploaded before I had computer problems. And about this outfit. I did have to wear a white tank top under the sweater because it was a little too "see thru", but other than that, I felt really comfortable and cute in it on a cold day. In fact, it was so comfortable I didn't want to take it off that evening, which is always a good sign in my book.

Oh, and of course my fabulous wife took the pictures for this post, and even loaned me her computer so I could post it.

10 comments:

  1. I think it happens to everyone at some point in time or another, we all take blogging breaks, planned or otherwise, and it's okay. The "mark all as read" button is your friend. I sometimes have to use it on Sundays or Mondays if I can't get caught up on weekend posts. I feel awful but the stress is worse for me.

    I love the yellow and white together! I wonder what it would look like with a different colored cami underneath, pink or teal or something. Thoughts to ponder... :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back. I think we all need a break from blogging every once in awhile when things go awry, and that's okay.

    Love your yellow top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back.
    Everyone deserves to take a little break when life gets crazy. Maybe life getting thrown out of whack is its way of telling us to slow down. Not that I ever listen...but maybe that's why I'm crazy...
    Sorry to hear about the ruined heels. Just an excuse to go shopping I suppose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!
    You know I have been gone as well... supid college...
    LOVE the yellow
    And the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back! I definitely understand the being busy. I also really love the white jeans!

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Melissa, mark all as read, and start fresh! I'm glad your back and hope you figure out all your tax stuff soon. I love the yellow and your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back! busy-ness gets to the best of us. i'm jealous of the white pants... i've never been brave enough to wear them since i spill stuff on myself all the time.
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was worried about you! Glad your are back even with a few glitches. I myself have not felt like blogging lately either. Guess you really have to be in the mood. Take care, hi to wife!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Matt, How do you "mark as read" your computer challenged friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you're back (wow, so many posts to catch up on!). New boots? Hot. Love white pants, although I tend to shy away from them (too bold for me). Top is a great color on you.

    ReplyDelete