Friday, March 11, 2011

Too many patterns.


  • Dress: Maurices
  • Belt: Maurices (came with dress)
  • Button down: Old Navy (previously)
  • Pumps: Payless
  • Pantyhose: Just My Size

This is another outfit from the backlog that was trapped on my old computer. When I put this outfit together I decided to have fun with pattern mixing. The shoes are plaid, and both the dress and the button down have vertical stripes in them. And in writing this post, I realized this outfit has a certain resemblance to the previous one in which I wore this button down. I guess that means I just need to get more button downs. And the temperature around here has been up and down lately, so it's just been too chilly for bare legs, but I've had this dress for a few months, and I really wanted to wear it, so I opted for the pantyhose.

And I am slowly getting caught up(and I'm still borrowing my wife's computer that she is graciously sharing with me until my new one gets here). And of course, my awesome wife took the pictures for this post.

8 comments:

  1. I actually think the pattern mixing reads very subtle. The dress has great seaming. I have to say, whatever magical Paylesses you and Melissa (AWMC) are going to I need to go to! Seriously cute pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a good way to do pattern mixing because they aren't in your face different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes may be one pattern too many but I think the belt pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thabnks for the nice comment!

    hey, i love pattern mixing. this outfit has a delicious and light mix of pattern. very classy and chic!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I love the pattern mixing and the grey and pink together are just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the shoes! and the colors all go so good together!

    xoxo
    A_riot

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH a sweet outfit. Love the gray and pink. Very romantic.

    ReplyDelete