


- Top: Maurices
- Cardigan: Old Navy
- Denim Pencil Skirt: Z. Cavaricci from Maurices
- Shoes: Lela Rose for Payless
- Bag: Target
Way too often I put together an outfit by starting with the shoes, and this outfit had to go through several revisions because the shoes were all wrong. At first I had a cami underneath the cardigan, but it was too dark and showed through, and the shoes(which were a nude color...) just looked weird. I grabbed this top, and tried mixing similar shades of the same color like I've seen other bloggers wear. And I just had to give up on the shoes, but this is another pair that I don't wear that often(I should, they're great, but they just never seem quite right when I reach for a pair of shoes...). And of course my amazing wife took the pictures.
OMG that's too funny that we're dressed alike! You look great!
ReplyDeletehttp://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/
Thanks! I was really excited to get your comments while writing this post and then I looked at your blog, and I just had to laugh. I admit I get inspired by other bloggers, but I try not to get the inspiration by reading their minds! ;)
ReplyDeleteCoral is one of my fave colors - I think it's really flattering on a lot of skintones and you're no exception!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I really love playing with colors and learning how to mix them up in outfits, and I have some coral pumps I want to try in a future outfit.
ReplyDeleteCan I have your legs? I love your shoes and I often build an outfit around shoes, too. It always looks good in my head while I'm lying in bed at night, but the next morning, when I'm scrambling to get ready, it seems the only thing that looks good are my shoes!
ReplyDeleteI found you via a comment on A Working Mom's Closet. Hope it's ok that I follow! :)
<3 KP
http://fashionmommaintraining.blogspot.com
Thanks! Of course you can follow! I know what you mean, sometimes I think of outfits that seem really great in my head too, but they fail miserably when I get them on. But then sometimes I can fix them too, and that's even more fun. :)
ReplyDeletei love the color of the cardigan , so fresh and fun
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete