Friday, February 18, 2011

What we actually wore: Valentine's part 2.


My Outfit

My Wife's Outfit
  • Dress: Maurices
  • Belt: Maurices
  • Pumps: Maurices

I'm a little later than I meant posting this. (Wow, take a day off and the rest of the week goes nuts.) But I wanted to post what we actually wore for the big date. And some of the pictures from the evening. The evening started when my wife got home from work about 10 minutes after my previous post.


I was afraid my wife might be forced to work late, so our reservations were late enough to provide some extra time which we didn't need. So instead, I took back roads that my wife is less familiar with, and slowly drove by a lot of restaurants which also would have been suitable for the day. (Okay, and I also drove past a few fast food restaurants too, just to add more suspense...). The good news is that when she finally saw the restaurant sign, she was too confused to guess if it was our destination or not.


Neither of us had been to a Brazilian steakhouse before. But I have to say if your budget can afford it, I highly recommend the experience at least once. Unless you're a vegetarian: while they did have a pretty cool salad bar, the meats are what makes it awesome, and its not exactly a vegetarian/vegan friendly sort of place. For those who don't know, the staff is constantly circulating through the restaurant with skewers of steaks, and they constantly stop at your table and cut off whatever you want in whatever quantity you want. And it's all you can eat. I had the funny idea I wanted to sample one of each thing on the menu, but I couldn't make it. We did save room for dessert though. I'm not sure how. So after the restaurant, I suggested coffee at a Starbucks near the hotel, which my wife agreed to, still in shock over the pleasant surprise of the restaurant. After coffee, I feigned getting lost only to pull into the hotel parking garage a few minutes later. My wife was speechless at this point. I later showed her the previous blog post and everyone's comments, which she thoroughly enjoyed reading. The only real downside is that I have no clue how to top this next year.


And of course, my very surprised wife took some of the pictures in today's post, and I took the rest for once. I hope everyone has a wonderful (and possibly long) weekend, and maybe someday I'll get caught up on everything I'm behind on (including your wonderful blogs...)

12 comments:

  1. I was in the middle of commenting on your last post when my laptop battery died. I wanted to tell you that you are the best husband in the world have planned all of that for your wife!!! She is such a lucky lady. :)
    I'm glad you both had such a great Valentine's Day, and next year you will just have to fly her off to Paris!
    I love Brazilian steakhouses, too. I discovered one when I was pregnant and there was no stopping me. I learned, though, from my first visit not to waste room on the salad bar and just stick to the meat. YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm literally grinning! That sounds like it was sooo sweet. You both look fabulous. I love your wife's top (and your tie! gunmetal FTW). I hope she enjoyed her surprises. The food sounds delicious, Mmm meeeat. lol!

    Don't try to top yourself, just do something equally as fun and surprising. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...how wonderful.<3
    you two look so cute..i love both of your outfits!
    i have always wanted to go to one of those Brazilian restaurants..yum!
    have a wonderful weekend love!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous surprise and date! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

    Is it weird to think you look a bit different in traditional men's clothing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great outfits and what a wonderfully sweet surprise! I like the blue shirt on you; that belt is great! You should remix it into your other outfits. Wife's outfit is adorably holiday appropriate! Glad you guys had such a lovely celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I am SO glad that you had such a wonderful celebration together! That is truly one of the best surprises I've heard of in a long time.

    I love that tie! I think I like that it's shiny. Anything shiny makes me happy. :) And your wife's outfit is stunning! She looks super sexy in that dress!

    I have faith in you to come up with something just as great if not better for next year. :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look lovely. Plus, it's so sweet to drive around and play guessing games as to the special destination!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both outfits! what a wonderful surprise with dinner, hotel and coffee, I'm sure she was pleased and and very happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Valentines Surprise--but where are you Matt?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow glad u both had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow great v-day! very romantic :)

    both outfits look great! :) glad you had fun!

    xoxo
    A_riot
    http://thickthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete