Friday, August 20, 2010

French Friday



  • Dress: Target
  • Belt: Torrid
  • Shoes: Rack Room
  • Bag: Maurices
  • Beret: a military surplus store(old)

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I went shopping with some friends, and one of our friends spotted this dress. I tried it on, and it was perfect! I haven't had a chance to wear it until today. I already had the perfect shoes(this pair is a wee bit tight though, I may have to give them up), and when I was putting it together, I remembered this beret I bought several years ago at an old military surplus store. I'm pretty sure the guy thought I was weird for wanting a beret, but I think it looks fab with this outfit. The glasses are just for style, but I bought them on the cheap from an online store to see how they looked the last time I replaced my prescription glasses(I normally wear contacts) and thought they would make a good accessory even if they didn't work out. I ended up with a different prescription pair but I thought this pair really added to this outfit. My wonderful wife was the photographer.

4 comments:

  1. Love this outfit!! The pops of red look fab with the print. And I adore the beret with it, tres chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! When I got the dress, I immediately knew which shoes I wanted to pair with it, but when I started putting together the outfit the pieces just started popping out at me, and I felt totally cute when I was done :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see this look along the Seine! You nailed Parisian chic... and I love that you incorporated the baret and yet still kept the look from being "costumey"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I would love to wear this in Paris, beside the Seine and shopping ;). Glad its not too costumey, although at the time I was more self conscious about how to take a picture with the beret without incorporating my face :).

    ReplyDelete