Monday, November 15, 2010

More dark neutrals.


  • Sweater Dress: Torrid
  • Pumps: Payless
  • Pantyhose: Just My Size from Walmart

This dress was a prize from last year's end of season sales, and I got it for under $10. At first, my wife wasn't so sure it would be such a great purchase, but its turned out to be one of my favorites, and its really comfortable too. The only thing that would make it better is if the "top" and "dress" were separates, but for under $10, its pretty great I think. I know I'm continuing with the theme of dark neutrals lately, but it just seems to be what I end up pulling out of the closet. I also realize that I have way too many pairs of black heels, but every time I try to decide which pair to part with, I end remembering why I bought them all (besides the fact that they fit... which is actually pretty high on my list of reasons to justify shoe purchases....). On the other hand, some of them don't fit quite as well as they ought, which is helping me decide on some pairs to get rid of, and I'm trying to always remember to remind myself how many pairs of black heels I own when I'm shoe shopping.

I'm slowly getting caught up on blogs, even though things have still been pretty busy in our household. I'm hoping that thing will slow down after Thanksgiving, but we'll see. Unfortunately, we didn't get to take pictures until after sundown, so the lighting wasn't the best, but I think the pictures turned out mostly okay. And of course, as always, today's pictures were taken by my awesome wife.

18 comments:

  1. Great outfit! I don't think you can ever have too many good black heels (: You also have fantastic poses, and I think I will have to refer to your posts when dealing with my awkward posing come picture time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look.
    you look so chic & the dress was so cheap. my husband would be thrilled if i found anything for $10..hahaha..
    you look beautiful.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. Very slimming. At first I thought it was separates, so I see what you mean about wishing it was. But you can't really beat $10. What color are the little flowers? They look sort of blue-grey. Maybe you could do a blue or grey suede pump?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great outfit, and an awesome dress! You'll get a ton of wear out of that dress for sure. Those shoes are adorable too! I love black heels, there's something so classy about them and they'll never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that! It's ridiculously amazing for that price.

    When pairing down my shoes, comfort was the number one priority. I may hang onto one or two pairs of non-walkable shoes for special occasions where I know I'll just be sitting but I walk around too much not to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matt! Hi Wife! I think this may be one of my favorite outfits on you. The dress is really flattering and I love the shoes. I'm so sad ... I passed up on a perfect pair of patent black heels the other day and it's still been haunting me ... :-(

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress- I totally have sweater dress envy. The pattern of the shirt is beautiful. You look so put together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad those aren't seperates, when I saw the first picture, I though how many ways you could wear that style, colour and pattern of that shirt!

    As it is, it is a great outfit!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Oh Matt, you're too sweet. I'm a size 5.5 though! Nowhere close ... It's the thought that counts though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never go wrong with a simple black dress, and you certainly can't go wrong when it's under $10! I, too, have a hard time parting with things I love but don't quite fit the way they should. I tried getting rid of a bag full of shoes and sandals this summer but my sister in law talked me into keeping them. I'm pretty sure she was wrong about keeping those mint green 4" birdcage shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the black and brown together! I really like the blouse underneath, but I could see how you might want them to be separate just for variety's sake ;). Pretty awesome for under 10 bucks though, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't remember buying a dress under 50 dollars recently and that makes me sad. I should really be on a look-out for more great deals like these.

    That blouse is really pretty, reminds me of my recent buy.. hmmn, should I post so you can see it? Actually, I may copy this exact outfit as I think it'll be perfect for the office!

    besos,

    ML

    Would love for you to say Bonjour at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't have realized the dress and top were an ensemble piece if you hadn't mentioned it. I really love the combination. Is the blouse a brown color or deep purple? I have been looking for ways to mix black and brown and have a few ideas up my sleeve, but am always looking for more!

    AND you got a great deal, which always makes the outfit even better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the second pairing I've seen of someone wearing a filmy printed blouse under a LBD - I think it is a great combo and totally works. You look great!

    (I'm curious (and you don't have to answer if you don't want to) - how big is your closet? Do you keep two different wardrobes?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha, great steal! I totally thought these were separates! I love tie-neck blouses that pop out over dresses. It always feels very Mad Men to me!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Matt, I've been gone for awhile, but I'm back, love this outfit, hate it that you have better lets than me...*-)

    Do you find you have to buy a size up with Torrid?

    ReplyDelete
  17. your tights are super awesome! I want a pair like that! :D

    and that blouse is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Matt!

    As promised, I will be replicating this outfit and I did! And you'll be proud of me as it looks very, very similar!

    besos,

    ML
    Come say Bonjour at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete