Monday, November 8, 2010

Wow, it got cold outside...


  • Sweater Dress: Isaac Mizrahi for Target
  • Belt: Torrid (previously)
  • Tights: Lane Bryant
  • Pumps: Isaac Mizrahi for Target
  • Necklace: Maurices

After a bit of an off week last week, I'm mostly feeling better, and I can't say how much I appreciate all your comments! And after a hectic weekend interspersed with some retail therapy, hopefully things will be back to normal soon. Uh, well, other than the 250 posts I have in Google Reader... that will probably take a few more days to deal with... :). About the retail therapy: I had some coupons to Torrid that expire this week, and so we set out to spend them. Unfortunately, the mall was crazy, and Torrid was extremely crowded, so I decided it wasn't worth fighting the crowds, and since we were already out and about, we wandered into Lane Bryant because it was relatively empty and we've never really shopped there. I actually surprised myself by finding a few things I really liked, and since they were also having a 40% off of everything in the store sale, we walked out with more bags than I anticipated.

It's finally also actually cold here, so for today's outfit I broke out the tights and sweater dress. Its a shame Target doesn't continue to have the Isaac Mizrahi collaboration they had a few years ago, because the shoes were really fun, and the skirts and dresses were generally cut in a way that fit me. And while this outfit is only grays and blacks, it was really warm and comfortable and made me generally happy. And of course, my patient and wonderful wife did my hair and took the pictures.

16 comments:

  1. you have the best shoes! love those Isaac Mizrahi heels, this is such an elegant outfit, I am a big fan of this look.

    It got so cold here too...which is unfortunate because I just unpacked and repacked and unpacked winter clothes because of fickle weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look- I swear heels and a turtleneck make everyone look so awesome and classy. They are a winter staple.

    And I LOOOOOOVE COLD! :) YAY cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a great sweater dress, and that one IS great! An all-neutral outfit like this looks clean, classy and classic.

    And yeah, this morning I started out with over 500 unread blog posts...I did a "mark all as read" on the vast majority of them and figured I can start reading and commenting on the new ones from here on out. I can't stress myself out trying to catch up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a classy outfit! I love the pearls and silver shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that sweater dress! It's crazy how much the weather has begun to turn-- I'm so glad that it finally is beginning to feel a little bit more wintry. As much as I love (LOOOVE) fall, I'm kind of ready for Christmassy things to begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back Matt AND looking so polished :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable sweaterdress!!! Very pretty and classic. The pearls are a great touch. I might pull out a sweater tomorrow. Even though we've been having cold weather it looks like this week will be warmish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. Very classic!

    I have a couple questions, but I'm kinda embarrassed to ask. I hope you don't get upset! I am honestly asking because I'm curious. Phew, deep breath! Okay, #1: Ummm ... do you wear a padded bra? If not, what do you do? #2: Do you try out women's clothes when you go out shopping? Have you had to answer (or ignore, lol) questioning looks or straight up questions?

    Thanks, Matt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress! I saw someone at school wearing a really similar outfit today, and I have to say that you pull it off even better! From what I can see of your hair, it looks super pretty curled too! :)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so dang chic! Very elegant with the pearls and color palette!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really cold outside. this is the first time I saw you wear black and you look great. You look warm for the winter. Love this look

    ReplyDelete
  12. And you forgot to mention that your legs look amazing in this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elle - Thank you!! Our weather has been pretty fickle too, its supposed to warm up again later in the week. I guess it just means my outfits will be more random too! :)

    Cara - Thank you so much!! :)

    Fashion Momma - Thank you!! I totally agree! I definitely prefer colder weather over warm too, but it can get too cold for me! :)

    Melissa - Thank you so much!! Yeah, I will not be trying to comment on all of those posts, and I do a lot of skimming, so I totally understand. I may have to do mark all as read pretty soon too! :)

    Nicole, Coco Maria - Thank you!! :)

    Mary - Thanks!! Haha, well it seems like some people around here have already started on Christmas: we saw a Santa in a mall this weekend too! :)

    Hope - Thank you so much!! :)

    Megan Mae - Thank you!! I'm sure it will be cold enough for sweaters soon! :)

    Pamela - Thank you so much!! Questions are ALWAYS welcome and I will try to do my best to answer them! I want to write the answer to you questions in a post, and since I'm so late on my post today, I hope its okay to answer tomorrow! :)

    Rio - Wow, thank you!! Yes, we did curl it, my wife was trying to replicate somethimg similiar to what the stylists did for me for Halloween. It wasn't the same style, but it ended up really cute as well! :)

    Lori - Thank you so much!! :)

    Fashion-rocks - Thank you!! I do enjoy wearing neutrals and blacks too, but I never realized how much color I put in my wardrobe until starting this blog! :)

    Melanie - Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sweater dress! I have also been saddened by the end of the Isaac Mizrahi/Target line. So many of my closet MVPs are from that line.

    I'm glad that you're feeling in better spirits. And thank you so much for the time you take to offer comments on my blog. I really do appreciate it! When I returned from my blogging break, I had 700+ unread items. I must admit that I did use the "mark all as read" button, but only on the "big blogs" written by the pros.

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable silver shoes! glad you're feeling better. thanks for checking out my blog. :)
    <3mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete