





- Top: Torrid (previously)
- Cardigan: Old Navy (previously)
- Skinny Jeans: Z. Cavaricci via Torrid (previously)
- Belt: Torrid (previously)
- Boots: Payless
Our weekend went a little off the rails, and so pictures didn't quite happen like they were supposed to, among other things. This outfit also turned out better than I thought it would, although I realized in writing up what I wore, that I wore this cardigan with these skinny jeans last time too. I need to fix that next time! I'm not sure the belt ended up quite right either, but the big question I have is about the boots. I ordered these boots last year in the wide calf version so I could hopefully wear them with skirts and with jeans tucked into them. Unfortunately, the calf is REALLY wide, so wide that I don't really like how they look with a skirt at all, and I think they're too big even with jeans tucked into them. The toe also ended up be a little more pointed that I usually prefer as well, but its mostly the calf size that I dislike. As everyone who read the previous post is aware, when it comes to shoes I have a serious addiction, and so I am trying to occasionally post pairs I'm thinking about putting in the thrift pile. So definitely feel free to tell me what you think!
Also, several people have asked if I really do welcome questions. I always enjoy questions and trying to answer them, so please feel free to ask away in the comments (or by email!). I will try to do my best to figure out some way to answer your questions if possible. In that vein, Megan Mae from the wonderful blog Daily Waifu Snapshot tagged me to post Seven Little Secrets. This actually turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. The biggest "secret" I have is that I'm a crossdresser, but I assume everyone reading this post already knew that, so that's no fun to list. On the other hand, I'm trying to remain pseudonymous as well, and so it was a little tricky coming up with interesting things that people who know me in real life wouldn't know as well.
- I've never been to a drag show. I figured I would mention this one because this really seems to surprise people. I also don't know any other crossdressers in real life either.
- I have a love/hate relationship with TV. I like some TV shows, and do occasionally enjoy watching TV, but if it was up to me, the TV would almost never be on. In addition, when a TV is on, it will almost constantly distract me from anything else in the room, even if I hate what's on. I also have a serious dislike of watching reruns.
- Someday, I would like to have the opportunity to go to a formal event in a cocktail dress/formal-wear. I'm pretty open minded about this and what sort of event would work, but I want this to be a legitimate "normal" event for formal wear, so I would definitely not count a Halloween costume party. I would even consider, if I was asked, being a bridesmaid... er man... er... is there even a term for that?
- I have visited 39 US states.
- I could probably list several style related quirks like this, but I used to have a seriously irrational dislike of open toed shoes. I don't even remember why to be honest. Now I love them of course, and have ... too many pairs. Maybe this quirk should actually be "unhealthy obsession with shoes in general". Although, I will add that attractive shoes in my size tend to not make it to clearance, and can be tricky to find in the first place, so that added a bit of a compulsion to buying pairs without thinking things through. I'm doing better now though!
- I usually enjoy anime. I'm not at the obsession level though, but there are some series I follow and movies that I enjoy a lot.
- I tend to live my life as an open book. I don't actually have that many secrets, and most people who know me, know the sort of quirky things that end up in a list like this. This isn't really a cop out, because as I was thinking of things I could list, I kept realizing that a lot of people who I wouldn't want to know about this know these things, and while some of stuff I could have listed would be quite interesting, it would also make it pretty easy for people I know in real life to figure out. So I'll go with "slightly neurotic about being honest and open" as the seventh secret.
I know I'm supposed to tag seven other bloggers now, but it seems like a lot of people have already been tagged, and I'm a little pressed for time, so I really want to avoid tagging someone twice.
And of course my wonderful wife took the pictures today.
This is such a cute outfit! I love the blues of your shirt and sweater, and I think the boots look great with jeans tucked in!
ReplyDeleteAlso, 39 US states?! I find that so impressive, haha. I would love to go on a roadtrip around the US someday :)
Great mixing of colors here. Looks like you don't really need to extra wide calf boots ;)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Drag shows aren't that great. I've been to my fair share and sometimes I just don't get it. :)
I like the boots with jeans. Not sure how they would look with a dress though. I say keep 'em.
ReplyDeleteI would have skipped the belt personally and gone with a black necklace, but I do think you were on track with incorporating black on top and bottom. Good keys to a cohesive outfit.
I'm totally the opposite with tv. I love reruns. Especially of shows I didn't get to catch all of and I can rewatch it. Or ones I really loved.
great color cardigan!
ReplyDeleteI'm with eek. The color mixing here is fabulous! It's bright and fresh, which is so great on dreary days (I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it is REALLY gray here).
ReplyDeleteHm...as for the boots. I think the calf width looks fine with your jeans, but I can imagine it would be rather loose with a skirt. I would say look for another pair and donate these once you've found one that you're satisfied with. I too have trouble with calf width. I like my boots to have a very streamlined fit...but of course, that means I can't tuck anything into them!
Before I even read your post I thought the calves on the boots were too big, especially since the toe is pointy. If it were a riding boot I think the wider calf would be just fine, but since this is a sleek looking dress boot I think it should be a bit more fitted.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your secrets. I have a love/hate relationship with TV too. I've never had cable and now we only have a very crappy old TV with rabbit ears that gets horrible reception. I guess that's a good thing if I don't want to get sucked into watching TV! And since LOST is over there really is no reason to watch anyway!
Hello Matt! I finally have some time to peruse all the blogs i have negelected... : (
ReplyDeleteSorry for missing all your great outfits! I have to say- love the cardigan <3
And the brides...man thing made me laugh so hard! I hope you get a chance for formal wear one day too... in a situation you'll feel comfortable in (office parties are probably excluded lol)
Love the aqua with the dark blue shirt. I'm going to try that combo this weekend with the upcoming festivities!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your 7 secrets! It's always fun learning more about bloggers.
The shoes? I'm all about streamlining closets (I toss things way too quickly sometimes) and recycling them for someone else who will LOVE the item that you're so-so about. Toss them (I mean, Goodwill them!). Find a pair that fits better and more importantly, makes you happier.
Call Me Ishmael
I love your outfit! It's so casual yet stylish. I WANT your cardigan!
ReplyDeletewww.candidclassic.blogspot.com
I actually really like the boots, even the calf width! I like a little bit of space in boots because then you can tuck pants in that don't have to be skin tight :). Love the blues too! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that cardigan! And I don't think the calf is too wide on your boots, that's how I prefer mine, even with skirts. I think it's because it makes my calves look skinnier, haha.
ReplyDeleteomglydia.blogspot.com
ooohhh great boots!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated t-day ;)
I am trying hard to get better at commenting ;)
I spend way too much time lately editing photos, prepping for my shop and down-right an artists life of messiness ;)
xXx
Reva
Ah, I adore all the blues you mixed here! I always forget how fantastic a palate of blue can look, and you executed it deliciously. And those are some thoroughly wicked boots.
ReplyDelete-Katie
Love these colors together :)
ReplyDeleteFun outfit- super sassy posing too- you go Matt!
ReplyDelete