




- Top: Maurices
- Cardigan: Old Navy (previously)
- Skinny Jeans: Z. Cavaricci via Torrid (previously)
- Red Flats: Payless (same style, different color)
- Bracelet: Torrid
The unexpected surprise in this post is that my camera flaked out yesterday (and by flaked out, I mean the last picture it took is the one not like the others), so we decided to experiment with taking the rest of the pictures with my cell phone camera. I turned my old camera on this morning, and it seemed to be working again, but since the camera is getting some age on it, I figure it's time to look for a replacement. We probably can't afford a DSLR (And we would have to learn how to use it anyway...), especially since we want to replace it this weekend, so we'll probably be looking for a "nice" point-and-shoot model. And of course, thoughts on cameras are completely welcome in the comments. :)
The top in today's post does have some peach in the print (which you probably can't see), but I'm not sure if that counts as pink so I decided to "fall off the wagon" and not claim this as part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. Also, I don't normally wear flats with skinny jeans, but I wanted to give it a try, because I think it's a really good look on other people. I also feel like I was inspired at least a little by Ashley of Ashley Getting Dressed. Oh, and while the pictures weren't the best, I actually wore this for most of the day yesterday, including a quick trip through the drive thru with my wife for our dinner (she was driving, for the record). And of course, today's pictures were taken by my fabulous wife.
Thanks for the linky love!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO loving this outfit (haha, I love an outfit you say that I inspired...the irony is not missed by me!). I starred the post for future inspiration - I've got a grey patterned top that would pair perfectly with a bright blue cardi I have yet to wear!
Thanks!! I'm flattered actually! Although I also would have been amused if you didn't like it. :) The grey top and bright blue cardigan sound really cute too!
ReplyDeleteHands down, favorite outfit you've posted. You look really great in skinnies and flats! And I love the flats with the cardigan, too. That teal/red thing is really big this Fall!
ReplyDeleteThis is a nice outfit- I like seeing you in different looks! The cardigan is awesome (but you should know by now that I have an obession for cardigans) and I really love the pretty pearl bracelet :) Sometimes it's the smallest accessories that really make an outfit!
ReplyDeleteSadie's Momma - Thank you!! I definitely like my skinny jeans the more I wear them, and I'm a fan of all the teal/red combos too! :)
ReplyDeleteMeli22 - Thank you so much!! Cardigans are great though! I usually forget about accessories or pile them on, so it gets tricky sometimes to keep things balanced. :)
Love the teal and red. I think this outfit really just works. I could (and do!) see such styling being used as a lookbook.
ReplyDeleteAs for cameras, I use a point and shoot Casio Exilim. I've had some marked problems with it - namely it needs a good light source, and I've had issues with memory card corruption (caused by the camera over multiple memory cards). I don't know if the memory card thing is a frequent problem with the brand. It may have even been caused by my dropping the poor thing.
My MIL and SIL both have Canon Coolpix. It's easier to use right out of the box. It takes good pictures, but has similar indoor lighting issues. And fewer settings than my camera.
But for basic blog use, either one would be a decent digicam.
I think peach totally counts as wearing pink. Love the teal cardigan with it!
ReplyDeleteAs for camera recs -- I just bought a new point-and-shoot. My old one was a Kodak v1073. It was great, but I had problems sometimes with the touchscreen not working, and it died after about 20 months. I am now using an Olympus FE-4030 and a Canon Powershot A3100 -- both were under $150 at Best Buy. I would just suggest reading online recommendations to see user/expert ratings and figure out what you want.
Thank you for all of your nice messages this week!
JoAnn
Enter to win a 1960s vintage handbag!
Sidewalk Chalk
I love the colors in this outfit, Matt! Especially the juxtaposition of the ruffles on the cardigan with the paisley in the top-- it looks great!
ReplyDeleteAs far as cameras go, I love my Canon Powershot S750. It's absolutely amazing for a point-and-shoot, and I've had it for almost four years and it's still going strong. I highly, highly recommend it!
Awww bummer about the camera! I am pretty happy with my Nikon Cool Pix... not the best camera ever but still a nice point and shoot! ;)
ReplyDelete(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)
You look fantastic! I love that blouse, it's so pretty and that turquoise sweater is gorgeous. I love the shade.
ReplyDeleteSkinny jeans with flats is such a comfy combination and it works great with this outfit!
Sorry about your camera starting to poop out on you. I use my iPhone to take all of my pictures because we don't really have a camera. Isn't that sad?
hey Matt , i am back ! lol sorry to hear about your camera , i cant afford a DSLR either which is why i am saving really really hard for it !
ReplyDeleteat the mean time all my photos are taken with my cell phone camera too lol
I absolutely love the color of your cardigan and I think you paired it perfectly!!
ReplyDeleteMegan Mae - Thank you!! Wow, lookbook quality? That's cool! I'm flattered! And thanks for the info about cameras! :)
ReplyDeleteSidewalk Chalk - Thanks!! We'll probably be headed to a Best Buy today to check some camera's out! :)
Mary - Thank you!! My old camera was a Canon PowerShot, and its held up for a while too, its flakiness the other day was the first I've had any trouble, so I am definitely considering a newer PowerShot! :)
Rio - Thanks!! :)
Melissa - Thank you so much!! Its not sad at all that you use an iPhone, if nothing else, that means you have an iPhone, and that's pretty cool! You're pictures are always great anyway. Actually, I wouldn't have guessed they were from a cell phone, so that's really cool! :)
v a m p i r e - Welcome back!! Your pictures are always so cool, I wouldn't have guessed they were from a cell phone either! Best of luck on the DSLR!
Cindy - Thank you!! :)
I love the color of your sweater! And I think the flats and skinny jean combination works great on you :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! :)
ReplyDeletecatching up on some blog rounds :) I also love the turquoise with the red shoes! I'm sorry to hear about your camera! I don't know if I have any recs since I haven't bought a new camera in ages. I always go between my cell phone w/ hipstamatic app, my canon rebel xt, and my canon digital elph. Normally it depends where I'm taking pics. Cell phone is great for on the fly, point and shoot is great when I'll be out and about but don't want to lug around a dslr, and I tend to use the rebel xt at home with a tripod
ReplyDeleteLoriSpeak
Thank you so much!! And yay for getting caught up! And thanks for the thoughts on cameras! Actually, we ended up on a surprise shopping trip today, and ended up with another Canon PowerShot! :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful print!! I love the cardigan color too! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :)
ReplyDelete