



- Dress: Maurices (on clearance)
- Cardigan: Old Navy
- Belt: Torrid
- Pumps: Payless
- Socks: Target
Recently I've seen two bloggers make super cute and creative usage of socks. Collette of Statements in Fashion wore an awesome lacey pair of knee highs with peep toes and Amber's Notebook payed homage to Clarissa Explains it All. (And yes, I remember watching that show when I was in middle school...) And then during our Labor Day weekend shopping, I decided to check out socks at Target and found this pair. I also got this dress at Maurices on clearance for around $23. I've been thinking about it every time I've seen it in the store, the lowered price finally convinced me to buy it. I had a lot of fun putting this look together, but I have no idea how anyone is going to respond to this one. :) Honestly though, I'm amazed at how great the style bloggers are, I really didn't expect to get any readers when I started this. Actually, I had no idea what to expect, but everyone has been so amazingly wonderful. Oh yeah, in case its not clear from the picture, these peep toes have little cutouts with blue stitching highlighting everything. Today is shaping up to be a crazy one, so forgive me if I'm not fast on the comments! I also hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be posting again on Monday. And of course, my wonderful wife took the pictures and provided input on the outfit.
First- lovely color combination!
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked at the picture quickly, I thought you had boots on lol! I personally have never tried the trend, but I think you did it well here :) Fun!
Thanks!! Okay, I have to admit I would love to have an a pair of over the knee boots. ;) Yeah, socks are really more of a charcoal and have a hexagonal pattern, but the camera flash kinda washed it all out. It is fun to try trends, and this is my first try with the socks myself. :)
ReplyDeletewow another great outfit post , first love the color of the cardigan , the dress and the knee length stockings
ReplyDeleteyou look great in it , and i mean it :)
hope'll you'll have a great weekend
see u on Monday ♥
Thank you! I hope you have an excellent weekend too Jasmine!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite, favorite looks of all time is a black and white pattern with a pop of color. This is perfect! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm totally scared to try the socks with heels trend. Like, really afraid. I think because I'm so short (I'm not even five feet) it would cut off my legs and make me look even more stumpy.
I'm curious to see how your wife dresses, if she gives you input and your outfits always look so fantastic!
nice color of cardigan :) xx
ReplyDeletei'm always wearing knee highs - i love them! you look great in them (:
ReplyDeletehttp://itscohen.blogspot.com/
i love those colors together.
ReplyDeletewonderful outfit. <3
i can not wait to start wearing knee highs when it gets cooler.
have a great weekend love.
xoox
Melissa - Thank you! You shouldn't be afraid of fashion of any sort! You always dress so well, and I think people should dress how they like and be happy. About my wife: she actually dresses in blue jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes most day. Admittedly, her job requires a uniform, but she avoids. She does like fashion and helps me edit my outfits sometimes, but I'm usually the adventurous one when it comes to fashion, and most of my outfits are basically my idea. We do try to watch stuff like Project Runway together. (Oh yes, she also likes to boss me around about my horrible posing ;) ).
ReplyDeleteagatheloff - Thanks! :)
rebecca - Thanks! Knee highs are really a lot of fun, this is my first time trying them out though. :)
gee - Thank you!! I enjoy your blog so much, you have such a wonderful sense of style! I can't wait to see your fall outfits! :)
Love the colour of your cardi.
ReplyDeleteReally pretty.
Visit my blog, i'm all about the curves.
www.beccasdaydreams.blogspot.com
Thank you! :)
ReplyDeletefabulous dress!! i love the prints and i love how you wore blue cardi!! its a wonderful color to the black and white dress <3
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute look! I love the color of the cardigan and print of the dress! I love the knee/thigh-high sock trend, but I'm never sure I can pull it off because I'm so short haha! You totally rock it though! :)
ReplyDelete(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)
Thank you!! I didn't think I could pull it off either. Its such a fun trend though, it was worth a try! :)
ReplyDeletelove the colors! :)
ReplyDeletewww.morthcil.blogspot.com
Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a Cutee dress!
ReplyDeleteAND, i love love love tights alot. :)
Can you stop by my blog as well please? Thanks!
tamijam.blogspot.com
Thank you! They're actually just socks, but I love tights too, just need the weather to cool down some more. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the bright sweater with all the other black and white! Socks and shoes are one my most favorite trends for this season...I went crazy and probably have about 50 new pairs of socks.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks so much for your comment, and welcome to my blog! It's more than fine to comment, so feel free to go wild!
Thank you!! I definitely want to get some more socks to try out too, but I think I need some more belts first! Your style is so great, I can't wait to see more of your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the bright blue with the black and white. I think you are really rocking the socks! It looks great :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Hope! :)
ReplyDeleteVery hot, love how you wore over the knee socks with peep toe heels. Perfect for fall. I wanna try this trend.
ReplyDeletehttp://fashion-rocks-idreamtomodel.blogspot.com/
Thank you! You should give it a try! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, what fun! I love the subtle details; the blue stitching on the shoes with the blue cardigan (which is the most lovely shade!). I adore the knee socks, and I'm loving the dress print, as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks!! This outfit has been so much fun. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat socks!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
ReplyDelete