



- Dress: Cato
- Belt: Torrid (here)
- Shoes: Payless
This was yesterday's outfit. I've had this dress for a while and I like several things about it, but I've definitely felt like it needed something more. And then I saw this inspiring outfit by Collette who runs the awesome Statements in Fashion blog. I love colors a lot, and so while the temptation was there to add a color, I decided going with an all neutral look would be a lot of fun too, and so I replaced the matching fabric belt that came with the dress with this new gray belt I picked up at Torrid recently, and went with these black pumps with an architectural heel. As always, questions for me to answer are welcome in the comments. We didn't get to take these pictures until very late yesterday, and so I was informed by my wife that the adjective for today is sleepy. So as usual, these pictures were taken by my sleepy wife.
This is really awesome! Love this dress- it's perfect for you :) I would totally wear this! :) Love the belt you chose with it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! It was fun to put it all together (And to break out my new wide belt!) I hope you're having a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your shoes! And naturally, I'm a huge fan of the dress. I think polka-dots might be my favorite print. I like the brown palette rather than black...it seems like all my polka-dotted dresses are black and white, which is great, but this is a very refreshing change.
ReplyDeleteOh that dress is gorgeous! I really love it, it's perfect on you!
ReplyDeleteThose heels are really incredible too!
Hope you're having a great day!
Pretty dress. And the belt and heels are a good match.
ReplyDeleteAshley - Thanks!!! Polka dots are definitely one of my favorite prints too! I don't actually have many though. Oh well, that just means I get to shop for some more though! :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa - Thank you!!! These are definitely some fun shoes. I have been looking forward to figuring out an outfit to pair with them for the blog for several weeks now! :)
shybiker - Thanks!
LOVE this dress! I have a green belt that would be amazing with it...now you've got me thinking polka dots, Matt. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks!!! Its okay, now you've got me thinking about how awesome a green belt would be! :)
ReplyDeletewhee! Polka dots! I love it - so fun! I think I need to get some polka dots at some point too! Out of curiosity, do you change into your lovely outfits when you come home from work? It's just funny cuz a lot of people dress up for work and then put on their sweats when they get home, but you get so cute and dolled up!
ReplyDeletehaha i may sound so cliche but Polka Dots is my fav everrr i have so many polka dot outfits that my mum say i should just draw dots on my face hahaha
ReplyDeletegreat great dress, and i have read the older post i love the floral print top too
both are my fav prints
Lori - Thank you so much!!! I can't believe you don't have any polka dots? Short answer to your question: Its complicated. If its okay, I'll post a long answer in tomorrow's post! :)
ReplyDeletev a m p i r e - Its not cliched, its classic! ;) Thank you!!! I always appreciate your comments! :)
of course! Looking forward to it :)
ReplyDeleteCute dress! And killer wedges!
ReplyDeleteMelanie@UnravelledThreads
Those are some super cool shoes - can't believe they are Payless!
ReplyDeleteLori - Yay! :)
ReplyDeleteMelanie - Thank you!!! :)
eek - Thanks!! They were definitely a lucky find, and I hope you like my blog! :)
HOW cute! I've been dying for a polka dot dress for ages but they never seem to be in my size. I love the unique edgy heel.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! I hope you find one! I always get frustrated when I have trouble finding a particular item in my size! :)
ReplyDeleteI adore this dress on you! It's perfectly flattering, and it's got the sweetest pattern and cut! Totally a fan. I love the way you added the neutral accessories; they don't take anything away from the dress, and they're so much fun! Especially fond of the heels.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! I normally like using a lot of color, but it definitely works out to go with neutrals sometimes too! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the retro feel to this!
ReplyDeleteand you're right, color to this would take away from this look. definitely love that you stuck to your instincts :)
i just found your blog and i'm now your latest follower!
if you get a chance, please visit mine :)
http://iloveyouvalentine.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much!!! And I'm glad you like my blog! :)
ReplyDelete