Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monochromatic Bruise.


  • Tube top: Torrid
  • Shirt: Old Navy
  • Pants: Torrid
  • Belt: Torrid
  • Shoes: Payless
  • Necklace: Maurices
  • Bag: Target

Melissa at A Working Mom's Closet has challenged herself to wear pants this week, and I was inspired by one of her outfits today. I bought this lavender tube top online when it was on clearance because I thought the color was too perfect to pass up, but its a little bit too big on me, so I've been trying to figure out what to do with it. I also don't know if this outfit is truly monochromatic, but the shoes are a deep burgundy color, and go along with the two layers on top. The bag is a dark brown, and the belt is black and the pants are mostly a charcoal color, but neutrals go together, so I think its okay.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks!

    I think this is a great outfit! I love the shiny purple top, it's so pretty.

    Those shoes are fantastic and so is the belt. I pretty much love anything belted, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I need to thank you for inspiring me with your great outfits. I need to get another wide belt, that's my only one, and its probably going to get old in these pictures real fast. Thanks, I really appreciate your compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I went on a belt spree last week. I think I have 9 now. I'm crazy. If you know ANYTHING about Melissa, it's that she loves to belt things to show off that sexy little waist. :) This outfit is super cute and I will be using it as inspiration, as I have some similar slacks that I have yet to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad I could provide some inspiration, you'll have to post it for all of us to see! Sounds like you had a good shopping trip if you found 9 belts :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pairing of blue and purple - a lot of people avoid it but I think the two colors are really lovely together.

    That belt looks just like a really popular Anthropologie belt called Looping Lanes (I think it sold out) but the Anthro version only came in brown leather. I really like that black, though - it's a bit dressier looking.
    And you are always welcome to comment on blog - anyone is (as long as they aren't rude, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I enjoy playing with color, just seeing what looks good and ignoring all the rules, but I'm still learning too.

    I love Anthropologie's stuff, but it just doesn't seem they have anything in my size when I check their website. I'm really enjoying your blog though, you have some great outfits :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for pants. Your's are really nice! I don't wear em often enough. You seem to have made the top work with the belt. I think your colors in your outfit are great btw! Hugs!

    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I actually got the pants on clearance which is even nicer :). I'm glad you like the colors, it was definitely fun putting this look together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you paired a satin tube top with cardigan and trousers to tone it down.. Must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I guess that was a fun twist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the lavender tube , the fabric look so comfy

    i hardly wear pants too , its so hard to find the right size for me , its either too tight on the waistline or the length is way too short

    i love this look , thanks for the tips , i think it will be a perfect attire to go work

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute, love how you mixed smart with casual

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Its fun to show how layering can make anything work appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete