



- Top: Maurices (previously, here)
- Skirt: Torrid
- Tights: JC Penney
- Shoes: Payless (here)

This outfit is part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. It was another cool day yesterday (and exceptionally busy as well, and today is not looking much better actually...), so it was finally time to break out the tights. In addition, this is also a remix of the top from my first outfit post. I also thought I would mention that Meli22 from The Daily Insanity of a Fashion Addict is doing a wardrobe capsule challenge the week of October 18th through the 22nd, and I, and hopefully others, will be joining in. This actually works quite well with Melissa's challenge, if you're like me, and don't have a lot of pink in your closet to start with.
And here's where I remind you that I love to answer questions from the comments. So ask away! And of course my awesome wife helped me pick out the skirt for today's outfit and took all the pictures!
I love that skirt with those tights! It's perfect for the fall/winter and I am going to steal your idea...it looks terrific! You are doing so much better than I am with Melissa's challenge...sigh, time to try harder.
ReplyDeleteOooh, nice tights (and cute shoes)! : )
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning my challenge lol, I picked a bad month- I didn't realize the pink thing was all month! I couldn't even do 5 outfits lol- thats how little pink I have. Now, if breast cancer had the color blue, I could do the challenge all year long lol.
look how gorgeous you are! i love the top!
ReplyDelete<3 dennica pearl
- through the eyes of a pearl
- vintage shop
OMG what a fabulous look. I love the pink and purple together. The skirt adds the perfect amount of shine.
ReplyDeleteThat skirts fits amazingly, and I love the pink and purple together! I think the more color in an outfit, the better! :) Way to go blogging for breast cancer awareness too! :)
ReplyDelete(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)
I like the purple tights. That's different :)
ReplyDeleteElle - Thanks!! I'm always flattered when people want to steal my ideas! I love seeing how style bloggers reinterpret other people's outfits! :)
ReplyDeleteMeli22 - Thank you so much!! And of course your welcome! I don't think its a bad month, and I think it works great with Melissa's challenge, since some people (like me) are already going to have to be remixing a lot of the same pink pieces anyway! :)
dennicapearl - Thanks!! :)
Megan Mae - Thank you!! I love pencil skirts, but I don't know why I don't own more of them, this one is definitely fun though! :)
Rio - Thanks!! I'm totally with you, I really love mixing colors and patterns! Melissa's challenge has definitely been fun, and its the least I can do for a good cause! :)
I'm Alee - Thank you so much!! And thank you for stopping by my blog! :)
The pink top is awesome. You have some great poses btw! Thanks for the luv on my blog, your feedack is always wonderful to read :) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/
i think Melissa's idea to blog for Breast Cancer awareness is really thoughtful
ReplyDeleteits so nice of you to participate too
as usual u pick the best combination ever i really love the purple tights , because i never have any tights in other color beside black lol
So cute! I actually love the shoes.. sturdy and classic, but the patent really gives it a kick!
ReplyDeletexo Michelle
Love the purple tights. I have been thinking about trying that look, but haven't been brave enough.
ReplyDeleteLaToya - Thank you so much!! I've probably been watched way too much America's Next Top Model. ;) But I've also been learning from other style bloggers too. And your blog really is so awesome! :)
ReplyDeletev a m p i r e - Thank you!! It helps that colorful tights are on trend! I think? I've not really noticed that many options for colors until this year, so I totally stocked up when I saw them! :)
Michelle Xo - Thanks!! And thank you for stopping by my blog! As you can probably see from my other entries, I have a serious thing for collecting shoes! :)
Sara - Thank you!! Tights are so awesome though, I don't think you have anything to worry about! :)
I'm always late to the commenting-party, but I love the skirt and tights. I want to do colored tights, but am still working up to it. Don't want to shock the coworkers!
ReplyDeleteNo one can ever be late to the commenting party!! I appreciate every single one no matter when I get it! Thank you so much too!! I know you will totally rock colorful tights! I can't imagine they are against the dress code, and it just makes perfect sense for cold weather and coordinating colors! :)
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is fantastic and I love the pink and purple together!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! I'm definitely happy to finally break out the tights! Although I still need more colors! :)
ReplyDelete