




- Top: Maurices
- Blazer: Maurices (previously)
- Pants: Maurices
- Pumps: Torrid (previously)
- Necklace: Maurices (previously)
- Bracelet: Torrid (previously)
First, I just want to say, new camera! After an even more unexpected than normal trip to Best Buy, and everyone's advice, we are now the proud owners of a new Canon PowerShot SX130 IS. My wife took an unplanned day off on Friday. So after a late morning we decided to take a trip to the nearest city, and check out the cameras. In addition to the camera, we also took the opportunity this weekend to take care of a significant portion of our Halloween costume shopping. Actually, all of its taken care, but there are a couple of things that had to be ordered, so hopefully they will get here in time. I would love to tell everyone what our costumes are... but that would spoil the fun right?
This week, I'm also joining Meli22 in a Wardrobe Challenge. In the last shot you can see my 10 pieces of clothing and shoes, and 5 accessories for the week. Unfortunately, both the top and shoes in this outfit seem to shift colors when photographed, the top is greener and the pumps are more purple than they appear. I ended up choosing 3 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of pants, 3 tops, a cardigan, and a blazer. For my accessories I have 3 belts, and a bracelet and a necklace. I thought about including a skirt or a dress, but 10 items counting shoes is... less than I thought it would be. On the other hand, the outfits I'll be making are new to me, and some of these pieces have not been on the blog before, so it should be a fun week.
And of course, my awesome wife took today's pictures on a brand new camera.
The pictures are so sharp! I think it'll be able to catch the vibrancy of your outfits.
ReplyDeleteI really like the top you are wearing today as well as the blazer (you know I am a big blazer fan). I am too indecisive to ever participate in a challenge like the one that you are doing. I wouldn't know where to begin? I'll probably end up with only shoes...
Hooray on your new camera! And I absolutely LOVE this outfit. The top and shoes are not too matchy-matchy but they complement each other so well. Blue with black always looks so classy! Hope you're having a great day!
ReplyDeleteHoly CRAZY picture quality!!! I'm so jealous. I'm in the market for a new camera, too. I LOVE these shoes! You look incredulous!
ReplyDeleteoh my! I've been feeling off, and forgot about my own challenge! I will have to reschedule :(.... but thank you so much for participating! I am still alive ;)
ReplyDeleteThe top has fabulous color and shaping! The pictures are fantastic and clear. Great camera choice. Can't wait to see your remixing!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures look great! I love that top!
ReplyDeleteNice new camera! And good luck with your wardrobe challenge, Matt!
ReplyDelete- JoAnn
Enter to win a 1960s vintage handbag!
Sidewalk Chalk
What a pretty blue! I especially like the ruching around the top. Yay for a new camera!
ReplyDeleteCall Me Ishmael
Elle - Thank you so much!! And I totally understand about the shoes, it was hard for me not to pick a pair for every day too! :)
ReplyDeleteAppGal - Thank you!! They actually are a little more different in real life, the color of neither piece photographed that well, but either way I still like them! :)
Sadie's Momma - Thank you so much!! Good luck on your search for a camera! I think we're going to be really happy with this one! :)
Meli22 - I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately, but its completely okay. Its kinda funny actually! I'll try to participate whenever you reschedule! I hope things are going well for you! :)
Megan Mae - Thank you so much!! :)
Lisa - Thank you!! I really enjoy this top, but it doesn't work as well without a layer on top of it! :)
Sidewalk Chalk - Thank you so much!! :)
Pamela - Thank you!! Its also got some asymmetric ruching to the side too, I really like wearing this top! :)
The pictures look fantastic! I absolutely LOVE the color of your heels!
ReplyDeletewow, I am crazy amazed at the difference between your previous pics and this set. The photos are a lot brighter and clearer! Congrats on the new camera. And I love the slinky satiny blue shirt with that blazer!
ReplyDeleteLorispeak
Enter my giveaway for Betsey Johnson swag & Anthropologie Gift Card
Cindy - Thank you!! :)
ReplyDeleteLori - Thank you so much!! I was pretty impressed too, we're very happy with it so far! Although this top just won't photograph the right color with any camera, its a lot more green than it appears! :)
Love this outfit. That jacket has a realy nice slimming quality to it. I wouldn't have guessed that from seeing it on a hanger. Maybe it's the way you layered the top under it.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I definitely think the top underneath is slimming, but this one of the few blazers I've ever been able to find that fits right and works! :)
ReplyDeleteyay for a new camera!! i love the blues together. I have that gray three buckle belt, but in black. I adore it, and I think you chose some great pieces for the wardrobe remix.
ReplyDeleteTotally loving the color of that top! Congrats on the new camera; that's super exciting! Also, good luck with the challenge! From the looks of things you're off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteTiffany - Thank you!! A black version of this belt sounds awesome, and I definitely had fun picking out stuff for the remix! :)
ReplyDeletegenevieve, sandbox romance - Thank you so much!! Its definitely been fun to remix these pieces this week! :)