



- Top: Maurices
- Cardigan: Old Navy (previously)
- Scarf: Maurices (previously)
- Necklace: Maurices
- Skirt: Maurices
- Boots: Rack Room

This outfit is part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. First, I want to say thank you for all the comments on yesterday's post! I have some thoughts for a short follow-up post, and I really enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts on the subject. Every day I am continually amazed at how awesome style bloggers are, and how wonderful everyone who leaves a comment here really is! But today, I will be away from the computer for a while, so this post is going to be short and quick. It turns out a pink cardigan is a great way to cheat remix a lot of outfits for the challenge. For instance, this is the third outfit I have paired this cardigan with in less than a week. I think I have some more pink hiding in the closet, so I will definitely see what I can find for tomorrow. I'll also just go ahead and say I'm not 100% about how this outfit turned out, so I would definitely appreciate any feedback. And while I really like how this pair of boots look, they aren't my most comfortable pair to walk in, and I normally don't have trouble with heels this height or thinness, so they are in my "remix again to see what everyone thinks and maybe replace them" pile. And of course my beautiful wife took today's pictures.
I normally hate black boots with a skinny stiletto (they screams Pretty Woman to me) but I really like these boots - maybe because they aren't a shinier leather (they appear to be suede)?
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I don't think the scarf is working with the outfit - the pop of color, while nice, just doesn't mesh with the soft pink and neutral base. I would have gone without, or tried buttoning the top two buttons to create a visual 'X' with the cardi.
I'm really loving the soft pink with the navy and gray...the colors were made for each other!
oh, and I got your email, I just haven't had a chance to reply - I don't want you to think I'm ignoring it!
ReplyDeleteI love posts like this!! Up here in the Midwest, we wear cardigans everyday in the winter! I can always use alternative ideas :-)
ReplyDeleteAshley - The boots actually are suede, and even better, they're brown! Unfortunately its not really showing up in the picture due to lighting I guess. And I love your suggestion about the top two buttons, I think you're definitely right! And no worries on the email! I totally understand being busy! :)
ReplyDeleteJen - Thank you so much!! I'm glad I could provide some inspiration. There will definitely be more posts on cardigans here, just as soon as it cools back down again! :)
I'm digging all of your pink cardigan remixing! It's really awesome. I'm with Ashley on the scarf- I think it's just a bit much since you have a lot of other colors happening in the palette. Although they are neutrals (the navy, pastel and grey), I think the scarf takes a bit away from the rest of the outfit, where I personally think the focal point should be your kickass boots. That being said, scarf and pumps or flats would have been nice, or boots and no scarf, with the cardigan buttoning would have worked well, too. In my opinion, today, there are too many focal points. :)
ReplyDeleteoooh I love the colors of this outfit. I think instead of the pearls you should have used the skinny tie with a knot in the middle. I love a belted scarf but proportionally the necklace is a bit too long or a bit too short and the scarf would give a good lengthwise visual impact. (Hi, yes I was an art student XD lol)
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like the boots. If they aren't comfy though, I'd look for a better replacement. I fully believe that uncomfy shoes help no one when there are so many comfortable heels in the world.
Now with all that said - HOLYCRAP I love that skirt. I need to seriously shop at maurices sometime.
Sadie's Momma - Thank you!! Yeah, you're both right I think. I'm pretty sure I'm going to revisit this outfit in the future, and the feedback has been incredibly helpful! :)
ReplyDeleteMegan Mae - Thank you so much!! And that's awesome that you were an art student! I actually have a lot of trouble with necklace lengths in general (and shirt collars and scarves and so on...) because my neck is a bit large. And I totally agree that there are comfortable heels out there, and I would definitely want to replace these boots with a similar looking pair. Hah, Maurices is great. Honestly, their "straight" size section is usually better than their plus size line.
I love how you belted that cardigan! You look awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteCardis are so perfect for remixing :) I like the blues you paired with the pink cardi! I agree w/ other commenters that the scarf belt might be a little long, but the color works.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a great job on the pink challenge!
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame if those boots are uncomfortable because they make your legs look fantastic (and yes, I am jealous because I have huge calves that defy most boot shafts)!
ReplyDeleteI also really liked you previous post "retail therapy". Thanks for sharing so much of yourself. I'm sure other people have told you are brave to share your story and struggles, but I just want to tell you that I really appreciate when people are so open and willing to share so much of themselves.
As for the outfit, I agree with some of the other comments. You don't need the scarf or even the necklace because the rest of the outfit stands well on it's own. I always layer on the pieces/accessories and then re-evaluate the look and end up peeling them off!
Sidewalk Chalk - Thank you!! :)
ReplyDeleteLori - Thanks!! I think I realized the scarf wasn't quite right, but I guess I got stuck on the added color! Hazard of liking color so much. :)
eek - Thank you!! :)
Melanie - Thank you so much!! I always like to give my shoes a second chance if I haven't worn them in a while, and I really like the style of these boots, but I'm sure I can find a similar pair that looks great and is more comfortable if they don't work next time. I like to share, and I always have the hope that it can be helpful and interesting to others! Thank you! And I love all the feedback from everyone! I've definitely learned a lot from other style bloggers! Thanks! :)
Now see, THAT is exactly why I need a pink cardigan! I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I agree, a cardigan in every color is a fashion must! :)
ReplyDeleteI want a pink cardigan now! You look great in it. I also love those boots!
ReplyDeleteHmm, I think maybe I'd ditch the scarf sash, but everything else looks great! I am absolutely in love with those boots, just for the record.
ReplyDeleteLisa - Thanks!! Its definitely be useful, and warm enough for the weather right now. :)
ReplyDeleteAshley - Thank you!! I really, really like the boots too, I will be giving them a second chance soon! :)
I love the colors you playing with not sure about the placement of the scarf. . . But honestly I'm so out of it right now I can't tell you a better place to put it. I'm 'cheating' too with playing around with cardigans as a way to incorporate pink into my outfit. It's just a hard color for me to work with.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the luv youve been leaving on my blog! Ive had a hard time catching up and commenting back so thanks for sticking around. Don't shoot me for the above comment btw, I'm not a stylist or great at dressing myself for that matter.
Hugs,
http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much!! Cardigans really are a great way to tweak an outfit though! And I ALWAYS appreciate feedback, especially when I ask for it, but I like it even when I don't ask for it! I've been completely swamped lately too, so no worries! I enjoy reading your blog, and you ARE so great at dressing yourself! I love your style, so really, no worries! Thank you!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Matt! Thank you for posting on my blog! You have great style, and are welcome to comment any time. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And thank you for your comment! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Matt! Thanks so much for your comment on my last post. And I love your pink cardigan -- especially the floral detail near the neckline. It is definitely something I would wear in a heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteLOve ho you added a belt to the cardigan it is different. I like the boots also
ReplyDeleteJamie - Thank you so much!! And of course you're welcome! I always enjoy reading your blog! This really is a fun cardigan too! :)
ReplyDeleteFashion-rocks - Thank you!! :)
can i participate in this Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness because i have a lot of pink stuff in my closet plus i think its really nice to support it too
ReplyDeleteOf course you can participate! All you have to do is wear pink, and let Melissa know! You can just leave a comment here or send her an email! :)
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading your entire blog from the beginning, and I quite adore you. And your shoes. And you have some of the most smashing legs I've ever seen. Love, love, love it all.
ReplyDelete-Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous
Thank you so much!! :)
ReplyDelete