


- Top: Maurices (previously)
- Blazer: Maurices (previously)
- Pants: Torrid (previously)
- Pumps: Payless (previously)
- Bracelet: Torrid (previously)
So this marks the end of this weeks remix challenge, and this outfit is also a complete remix of previously worn pieces. Its certainly been fun to force myself to remix pieces. However, I do want to continue to go through everything in my closet by posting it on the blog, and just cut back on my shopping in general. This blog has helped me feel less of a need to shop, and I really enjoy sharing my love of fashion with everyone.
On yesterday's post, Lesa of Always Summer left a question: Hey, I have a question from my daughter (she's 15 and really just wondering (please don't get offended) She said" Mom, his clothes are so cool, does his wife get to wear them too?" First, I love answering questions, and I don't get offended easily at all. Questions are always welcome, and I will do my best to answer them. I'm really flattered that your daughter thinks my clothes are cool. My wife and I are very differently sized, so unfortunately, my clothes don't fit her, and hers don't fit me. It would definitely help on closet space if we could though, and it would make it a lot easier for me to rationalize buying more shoes if we wore the same shoe size. We do share on some accessories though, mostly things like purses that aren't really sized. I have some more I could say on this topic so I may write a longer post on this topic in the future. Although with all the well dressed style bloggers out there, I think it would be interesting to hear what others have to say. Does anyone have someone they share clothes and shoes with? What are your feelings on sharing clothes and shoes?
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am really looking forward to seeing what other style bloggers do for Halloween next week, and I'm pretty excited about our own plans here. And of course today's pictures were taken by my fabulous wife.
Cute! I love the red shoes paired with that top.
ReplyDeleteHubs and I actually share quite a number of things - his military jacket fits me like a mid-thigh jacket if I crop the sleeves up. I wear his smaller tees as baggy ones. Some of our "convention/party/goth wear" is shared, because both of us could fit in a pair of goth pants. He also steals some of my belts (non stretchy ones) and gloves.
Oh good, you're wearing the shoes I let you keep! :-) That's a great question and I'm so glad you don't mind answering it. I wish my fiance and I were remotely close to each other in size. He's 6'7". I'm ... not even close, lol.
ReplyDeleteCall Me Ishmael
Matt, Thanks so much for answering Anna's question. Wouldn't it be great to have double the amount of clothes?--but hey the purses and the jewelry are a great plus.
ReplyDeleteLesa
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteoops. my post to another blogger got tagged onto yours. I had it copied because blogger was being lame about me posting and I thought I'd lose it!!
ReplyDeletelol, that would be pretty awesome if you both could share clothes. I keep meaning to steal a couple of my hubby's shirts :)
I've loved your week of remixing! Congrats on making it though it!
Lorispeak
Megan Mae - Thank you so much!! That's so awesome that you guys share so much! Well, also awesome that you can share! :)
ReplyDeletePamela - Thank you!! My wife is a petite, and I'm... nowhere near 6'7" actually. Wow. Okay, I'm just kinda average height, but still, my wife and I have a height difference too, so yeah, that's part of it! :)
Lesa - You're welcome!! Hehe, it would be awesome to have double the amount of clothes, and since I enjoy shopping more than my wife, it would be a great convenience for her too! :)
Lori - Thank you so much!! And ugh, I totally understand, I've totally had blogger eat comments too. I write them in another program and paste them in too! And good luck "borrowing" some of your husband's shirts! :)
I am so in love with your shoes :)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is awesome. I can't wait to parooze other posts when I get a chance.
Thanks for the wonderful comments :)
Cool! I enjoyed reading your response. How awesome would it be if you two could share clothes! But there's something to be said for having your own stuff, too. I'm pretty protective of my clothing, so I'm glad I don't have anyone to share it with. My mom and I exchange a few items every now and then, but the thought of someone else wearing my stuff grosses me out a little...I'm one of those weird germaphobes.
ReplyDeleteI like the outfit! Very perfectly business casual, if you ask me!
I really like the bright swirly pattern on your top. It really stands out agains the dark separates. And you look great in those pants!
ReplyDeleteI really wish I had someone I could share clothes with. Alas, I have no sisters and my best friends are all about 5'0" and a size 00. But then I wonder if I might become territorial about my clothes. I can only imagine the fights that would ensue if someone stepped in mud while wearing a pair of my favorite shoes!
I know I've written this before, but you look great in a wide leg trouser - and a perfect tweed for fall!
ReplyDeleteMy big sis is both taller and smaller than me, so though she is genersous with giving me her clothes, unfortunately they don't always work for me! She is the true fashionista though, so rarely does she want any of my stuff!
Oh my gosh, I want those trousers. I used to share clothing more, but not as much anymore-- things disappeared, got ruined... I only share with my friend Nattie!
ReplyDeleteRETRO REVA - Thank you so much!! :)
ReplyDeleteAshley - Thank you!! I totally understand being a germaphobe, and I try to take good care of my stuff too! :)
Jamie - Thanks!! Mud and my favorite pair of shoes would be a pretty horrific tragedy, so I understand! :)
Lisa - respect the shoes - Thank you!! I really like the style too, now I just need to expand my collection! Your style is so amazing too! :)
Louise - Thank you so much!! I have definitely had stuff go missing and get ruined too, its pretty frustrating! :)
The pants are gorgeous! I am so fond of gray trousers. Beige, and gray, they are all I wear!
ReplyDelete^_^
stay lovely
<33 amy <33
Thank you so much!! :)
ReplyDeleteI steal my friends' dresses alllll the time for my blog...and don't tell them I borrowed it just for the purpose of blog documenting it...hahaha. :) Guilty.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And blog documentation is a great reason! ;)
ReplyDelete