






- Dress: Target
- Belt: Torrid (previously, buy it)
- Boots: Torrid (previously)
- Leggings: Maurices (previously)
- Cardigan: Maurices (buy it)
Whatever you can say about this outfit, I'll say this: it was comfortable. I felt so great and comfortable and warm that I didn't want to take it off. For the first part of the day I was freezing, and so when I finally got to the point I could change, I knew I wanted to wear this cardigan. And unfortunately for outfit pictures my wife didn't get home until after dark. But it still worked out I think.
And I feel like I need to give some credit for this outfit and some of my posing as well. I'm pretty sure I was inspired by Ashley from Free Honey both in my posing (and probably a bit of my wife's posing too) and styling from this post (and probably some others as well). Also I probably borrowed a bit from Fashion Momma's post here too. I might have borrowed more inspiration, but its not coming to mind, so if I left anyone out, let me know! And of course my amazing wife took today's pictures.
Veryvery cute. I love the mix of brown and black. I superduper love the boots. The red belt is a great pop of color. You look so warm and cozy.
ReplyDeleteI'm obsessed with your boots!
ReplyDeleteRamblings of a Small Town Girl
i love this outfit.
ReplyDeletei love outfits that turn out chic but yet still comfy and cozy.
those boots look great on you.
beautiful as always love.
thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave me all the time. :)
xoox
Very creative layering- I would totally wear this on a cold day! : ) You look warm, comfy, and still fashionable- perfect mix!
ReplyDeleteI think it's adorable! I love the belt. It's amazing how a belt can totally pull together a whole outfit.
ReplyDeleteThat red belt totally makes this outfit,, I love it! And that cardi looks super comfy.
ReplyDeleteYou do look super comfy but stylish too. The belt definitely adds a little something something!
ReplyDeleteI can't disagree with this look, I've been living in cozy sweaters lately. The winter just makes me value comfort. And it's so funny, since you mentioned it, I can totally see Ashley's hand on hip poses. I'm curious to see if she sees it as well.
ReplyDeleteooooh I love that belt! This outfit looks like the perfect mix of comfort and style, and its proof that you dont have to be in jeans and a sweatshirt to be at ease in your clothing.
ReplyDeletelol, another kind of LBD. I love it paired with those boots and the EYE GRABBING RED BELT. I am just in love with the pops of colors you aren't afraid to throw in. Best of all...it looks amazingly comfortable. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for a blog! Sometimes I get more feedback from the blogging community about if and outfit worked or didn't that it has become my go-to "mirror" in a way! Those boots look really great. Somedays we gotta go for the comfort right??
ReplyDeleteThose boots are awesome! I also am in love with your belt. :)
ReplyDeleteConsider this a strange comment, but I think this outfit is one of your more feminine and fun looks! I think we always see you more dressed up, I really like the more casual you - I think the look is flirtier and younger!
ReplyDeletehi! i just found your blog and i like your style. am following you now. :) these boots are super cute.
ReplyDelete<3mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com
love the fun red belt! comfortable & stylish is a good mix!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorites on you! The red belt is fierce and I love how comfy the sweater looks. I can't pose to save my life. In fact, I have half given up on taking pictures of myself and just focusing on produce at farmers' markets, lol.
ReplyDeleteCall Me Ishmael
This is probably my favorite of yours so far! I love the bold contrasting belt with the mellow brown hues. This is totally my kind of outfit, love it! I think I'm going to try and recreate my own version of this today!
ReplyDeleteThis is super flattering! I'm so impressed. I love your chunky knit sweater...boots are great, too. I have a similar pair and they're my absolute favorites.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Have a lovely weekend!
Those boots look fantastic. And I really like how you incorporated a brightly colored belt into the muted neutral tones. And this does look incredibly cozy!
ReplyDeleteJust found you! Love the red belt, been trying to find great belts myself. I scrolled your blog and love many of your outfits. Not sure if you addressed this but I wanted to say at least you are being honest with your wife!! and I was wondering if you two share clothing and give each other tips?
ReplyDeleteEeep! I adore how simple this is, and I LOVE your boots! We're kind of sort of boot buddies. And I'm totally 100% excited about that. Plus, you said it was comfy. Comfy fashion is a win-win.
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny that people were still dressed up when you went to see the seventh Potter film! And traditional family Thanksgivings are ALWAYS lovely.
Thanks ever so for all your sweet comments! They really do mean a lot to me. And don't ever apologize for being late! You are not in any way shape or form obligated to comment on every post (not that I mind or anything...). You're just the adorable.
Aww Matt!! Thank you so much, I'm so honored! You just totally made my day :)
ReplyDeleteI really like this outfit (guess that shouldn't be a surprise) and I think the red and brown combination really works for you, adn the red belt is just such a great pop of color!
Annnnd, of course I think your posing is adorable!
xoxo, Ashley
This does look very comfy and warm. The browns really unconsciously add to that warmth. Just stumbled across your blog, and am glad you're being true to yourself. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/
I really like the sweater over belt look. I also have to tell you, I love the dress you posted on November 19. It is fabulous and I like the classic styling, too. It would be a great holiday party dress.
ReplyDeleteI love the boots and the cardigan - esp for the cooler temps now. That cardigan looks so cozy!
ReplyDeleteLorispeak