Monday, December 20, 2010

Short skirt and a long jacket.


  • Button down: Old Navy
  • Vest: Maurices (previously)
  • Skirt: Old Navy
  • Pantyhose: Just My Size
  • Pumps: Nine West (buy (Cognac color))
  • Jacket: Kohl's

This is another outfit from last week. When I put on this skirt, I realized it was a little shorter than I remembered when I bought it. But I figured it was okay, especially since I was staying indoors. And this is the blog debut for this pair of heels. I mention them because they are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. They're really comfortable for the height, and I love the color. I decided that if I'm going to be crazy enough to wear a short skirt in December I might as well pair it with a great pair of shoes. And I'll be honest... I just put the jacket on so I could use this title.

I know a lot of bloggers talk about how awesome the style blogging community is, but it really is. Its definitely made this holiday season more fun for me in a lot of ways both big and small! And there are amazing style bloggers like Bombshell Beauty who do wonderful things like this. And there are so many other wonderful bloggers out there too(like Megan, Pamela, and Melissa just to name a few. and I really can't link to everyone, the list is too long!) Anyway, thanks everyone! And of course, my fabulous and awesome wife took the pictures!

14 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit! I love your vest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit, but the shoes are incredible! I really really the color (really need a pair myself but I am going to at least postpone pressing on that link until after Christmas). I have been too spendthrift.

    You know my affinity to short skirts so I definitely like how it looks on you. Can't wait for the spring when it's ok to walk outside in minis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great legs! Love your pumps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore those shoes! I also really like the vest on you, it's a good balance for the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The masculinity of the vest with the femininity of the skirt are the perfect complements!
    And your legs are to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the vest and those heels..oh my goodness! those are some hot shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the heels! We are def heel twins today! I really like the length of the skirt on you, you have the legs to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I am OFFICIALLY inspired. I love the color of your shoes, too. Black heels are great, but there's something to be said for other neutrals, like this color.

    And I agree; I love being a part of the blogging community! It's super fun this time of year. I'd love to do more giveaways this season to celebrate, but I'm just a bit too strapped for cash to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! The shoes are adorable. I think a pair of bright opaque tights and boots would make a fabulous remix for this outfit. ♥ Thanks so much for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love this! it's librarian chic!
    <3mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your legs? Gasp. Thud.

    That sounded kinda pervy, scratch that.

    Thanks for the shout-out in your post. As always, SO appreciated. :-)

    Love the vest on you. Not sure if I can pull it off. Maybe I'd wear it with a loosey goosey shirt and skinnies with pumps. OMG. Remember the patent heels I told you about about a month ago? The ones I didn't get? My bff whom I was with that day ended up going back and buying them for me for Christmas!!!!!! Sweet!

    Will email you back soon. Crazy busy and stressed ... lol, oh you know about what ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have a nice pair of legs, cute outfit


    http://therenaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm adding my voice to the chorus here. Your legs? Wowza!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete