







- Dress: Asos (buy)
- Belt: Torrid (previously)
- Cardigan: Torrid (previously, borrowed by my wife)
- Pumps: Nine West via Amazon (buy, the color is Dark Red)
- Bracelet: Torrid (previously)
- Necklace: Maurices (previously)
- Pantyhose: Just My Size via Walmart
Okay, this is going to have to be a quick post since I'm trying to get ready for Valentine's day. And while I would love to wear this outfit tonight, this is not what I will be wearing. But if I weren't wearing actual menswear for Valentine's Day, I thought this fun little black dress I recently got from Asos would be perfect. I realize it's a bit short, but hey, it is Valentine's Day, and I definitely felt really cute wearing it. The cardigan and hose are still necessary because it's still way too chilly here for bare legs and arms. Also, the cardigan masks my stellar "farmer's tan" nicely as well.
Since today is also Monday I need to post 3 positives as part of Melissa's and Hope's Fabulous in February.
- I love planning elaborate surprises. This one is related to today. My wife knows nothing about what we're doing. And since she won't read this post before tomorrow, I'm going to let you in on the plan. We're going to a new Brazilian steakhouse in a nearby city that she's wanted to try for a while but our schedule has not permitted. After that, we're going to hit a Starbucks for coffee, and since it will be kinda late, the big surprise is the hotel room I got us in the city for tonight, which I already checked into. I drove out and back today, to check in and take our overnight bags I secretly packed, and decorated the bed with a stuffed animal. So tonight we can go straight to the room, and she won't see our overnight bags until it the last minute. Or something like that.
- I have a very good memory. Sometimes this frustrates me because it means I remember all the things I'm behind on and get some slight panic attacks, and regrets and past mistakes live on in my mind far past everyone has forgotten. (I still feel guilty over things I've done wrong to my wife year's later, and I'll bring it up, and she's completely forgotten about it). Despite all this though, I'm very glad to be able to remember all the positive things that have happened to me over the years, and all the people who made it happen.
- For my last one today, I'll pick something physical. I like my hair, and I feel really lucky that it's healthy, and I can grow it long and that it looks nice.
And I'm still trying to get caught back up on everyone's wonderful blogs! And of course, today's pictures were taken by adorable wife.
Wooweeeee! You're looking great in this dress! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE your Valentine's Day surprise. My husband would never in a million years think of something like that. I would absolutely DIE if he did! I hope you and your wife have an awesome night!
Yow! Fancy dress. I love it. You could always add a little crinoline style slip to add a little length.
ReplyDeleteWhat a super sweet surprise for your wife. I'm sure she'll love it. Have a great Valentine's Day~
Oh my gosh, you look GREAT in the dress!!! And it's adorable! I love your positive statements, even though #2 was a LITTLE hard on yourself :) I bet your wife is going to LOVE her surprise!
ReplyDeleteI love that silhouette! Short or not short, you have to love it for the silhouette!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that has to be one of the BEST surprises ever! I can't wait to hear about your wife's reaction! What a fun night!
ReplyDeleteThat dress is truly incredible, I love it and it fits you perfectly!
Hope you have a great time!
EEEEE!!! Matt!!! What an awesome surprise for the wife! AHHH! I'm so excited for you! I want to hear all about it when you have time (I mean, not all about it ... hmm ... this is quickly getting awkward).
ReplyDeleteCheck you out in that short flirty dress. Whoa whoa!!!
I realize I'm not the first one to say this, but you look FANTASTIC in that dress. Also, you have the most beautiful legs. Do you get that often? Happy Valentine's Day! (:
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise. Your wife is a lucky lady. And that dress is great and not too short: it shows off your legs. :) Hope your evening was nice. I love your three things, I wish I had a memory but I'm not that lucky!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a beautiful dress, looks wonderful on you. Wish my husband was so romantic...
ReplyDeleteCutest dress ever. Like, seriously. You look wonderful, Matt!
ReplyDeleteKiller legs! And the dress is as cute as ever. You are the best husband to plan such a well-thought out surprise!
ReplyDeletethat's so sweet, you have a nice pair of legs!!!
ReplyDeletejoin my Stila giveaway!
http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com
I love this outfit! That dress is killer on you! You look a little bit Jackie O and a little bit Marilyn - the perfect combo! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the dress
ReplyDeleteSo funny that you think it's short. My first thought was, 'omg I LOVE the length on this skirt!' It's so flirty and it flatters your figure tons! It makes ur legs look long and fab!
ReplyDeleteI wish you could have worn this tho.. that makes me a bit sad even tho I understand.
Lorispeak
BEAUTIFUL outfit! There's so much visual interest in the dress, the cut out on the back, the lovely shape, and the beautiful pattern. The black dress with the belt and pearls is so classic and pretty! I just love it!
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your wife had a wonderful Valentine's Day - your surprise for her sounds so sweet and romantic!
oh my goodness..you look amazing in this dress!
ReplyDeleteyour legs look KILLLLLER!!! <3
the dress has such a lovely shape to it..its perfect!
xoox
That dress is incredible on you! I love how you styled it so that it would be the center of attention.
ReplyDeleteThat dress is fab! x
ReplyDeletethis is so cute. and you have great legs!! glad you had a lovey V day (read your next post, too.)!
ReplyDelete<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com
wow little black dress ! i love it esp the cut out at the back !
ReplyDeleteVery hot dress! looks great!
ReplyDeletexoxo
A_riot
http://thickthreads.blogspot.com/
Hi! I'm new here. I am in love with this black dress. You're right, this is perfect for Valentine's Day!
ReplyDelete