Monday, March 14, 2011

Funky office casual.


  • Blazer: Maurices (previously)
  • Tube top: Maurices
  • Cropped pants: Torrid
  • Pumps: Payless

I've had this tube top in my closet for a while, but I've not been satisfied with my attempts to style it until now. And while a tube top is not something I think most people would count as acceptable office attire, I think it works well under this blazer. Admittedly, since I work from home, any discussions about acceptable office wear are purely theoretical. (And let's face it, in my case, most people are going to get stuck on that whole "crossdressing" thing instead of noticing the tube top...). And while I'm not sure if it shows up in the pictures, but the shading on the pumps are actually polka dots that slowly get bigger and more dense toward the toe.

I have one more outfit from my backlog to post, and we're still having to share computers in our household (not much longer I hope!), and of course in addition to being so gracious with her laptop my amazing wife took the pictures for today's post.

15 comments:

  1. adorable capris! nothing like a cute pair of pants with the perfect heel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving cropped pants!! And I fully believe that tube top definitely works with a blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so long as all the appropriate bits are covered - and there's some modesty involved, a tube top can totally work. A woman (or man) who had lots of visible cleavage probably would be a little risque for the office, but I think you're as covered as you might be with a scoop neck blouse.

    That said - let me gush over how much I LOVE those shoes, the shine of the shirt, and the sheen of those pants. This is such a cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. The cropped pants, the shoes, the pop of color. You're working it. Very impressed and I'd like to borrow the blazer. Thanks!

    Don't forget to stop by...
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love how you rocked the tube top, it's a very professional looking outfit! And those shoes are pretty amazing.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, first I opened the post in my reader and saw the gorgeous color of the top and the fun cut of it with that cute jacket and I loved it. Then I scrolled down and saw the cropped pants with heels and thought oooooh, that's REALLY cute! And THEN I scrolled down further to see the detail shot of the heels and gasped out loud. I love them. A lot.

    I fully believe that blazers, jackets and cardigans can make almost any top office-appropriate. You've just proved my point.

    I totally love this outfit!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best shoes! I seriously have shoe envy over your collection. Someday you should just do a shoe post so I could admire them all.

    I love this whole look on you. Especially the capris, once again though, maybe I'm just jealous because I have trouble finding capris that don't end up being flood pants on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tube top is gorgeous and really goes with the jacket! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, you really do have one of the most fabulous shoe collections! I love the polka dots! The tube top under the little blazer definitely works and the color of that top is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those pants look very soft and comfy.

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Def. one of my fav. outfits on you. Love the crop of the pants (feel happy that you're tall enough to sport this look without looking like a stubby little one). Tube tops? Go for it, as long as it doesn't look tubey (for work, at least). Polka dot heels? Get outta town! Find me a pair! We can be shoe twins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit.
    These colors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! (My actual reaction)
    This outfit is awesome! Everything is working for you here, be proud! And hey, so what if your office is your home, it always feels nice to dress up :)

    Bex xox

    http://sucker-for-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Matt, this is utterly, utterly adorable. I love the blazer! It's so nicely tailored and sweet. Bonus points for making a tube top work for b-casual!

    ReplyDelete