





- Hoodie: Maurices (buy)
- T-shirt: Old Navy
- Jeans: Maurices (previously)
- Boots: Clarks via Craigslist
- Socks: Hanes
Since the beginning of the year one of our ongoing projects has been to get rid of some excess stuff, either by taking it to consignment and thrift stores, or by selling it on Craigslist. This plan has a flaw I have recently discovered: other people on Craigslist have things I want, and so I end up "window shopping" the other listings. And that is the genesis of this outfit. I found a listing for a formal dress on the cheap, and while I have no "reason" to own one, I found myself realizing that it would be really nice to try one on, and own one "just in case", and the seller was offering an excellent deal, and really, this is all just rationalization for the fact that I want to make up for wearing a tux to my HS prom. So I sent an email, and scheduled a time and place to try on the dresses to make sure they fit. I realized that since I would mostly be driving and trying on dresses, I might as well dress how I wanted. And so after a pleasant and chilly afternoon drive, I am now the proud owner of a formal dress, and pleased with my outfit for the day. Even though this outfit spent more time in the vehicle than it did outside.
And of course today's pictures were taken by my wonderful wife. And I am slowly getting back into the swing of things with blogging and commenting, it only took the first two months of 2011 to do that. Thanks everyone for your comments and reading my blog!
Flippin awesome hoodie and those jeans fit you like a dream !
ReplyDeleteI too am really bad at buying more than I sell>
Is Craig's list been good to you as far as selling your stuff? I am going through my clothes, too and am not sure which way to go.
I need you to go jeans shopping with me.
i have at least 40-50 pr (9not kidding) and only about 6 pair I wear. I have no butt and my waist is almost the same size as hips ;)
xXx
Reva
Fantastic hoodie. I wish I had as much luck with craigslist. I only ever see spam/junk. I've had more luck on ebay and thrifting.
ReplyDeleteThose boots are freaking fantasic! Clarks has really stepped up their designs from what I've seen in the past. I remember my mom wearing them when I was pretty young and they were "mom shoes".
Major congrats on the new formal. I never went to prom (early graduate). Only formal thing I've owned is my wedding dress (which ironically doesn't fit anymore). I hope you get the opportunity to wear your's out.
That has to be one of the cutest hoodies I've ever seen! So much fancier than the standard hoodie - I love it! And those red boots are just perfection.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting about the formal dress! I'm so happy for you - I hope you have an opportunity to wear it soon :)
That hoodie is really cool. Kinda like a modern day Robin Hood! Can't wait to see the prom dress! eee!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute comfy outfit! Tell us about the dress! What does it look like? I own 10 formal dresses (3 proms, 6 bridesmaids, and my wedding dress), but when I asked to chaperone the prom at my school recently I seriously considered buying another.
ReplyDeleteI really like those jeans! And I can't wait to see that dress.
ReplyDeleteShopping and Spreadsheets
That hoodie? I LOVE! I tried on something like that not long ago and it overwhelmed me. Love the rich cognac color of those boots!
ReplyDelete