Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paisley perfect.


  • Dress: Maurices
  • Shoes: Payless
  • Bag: Maurices

I usually think maxi dresses are cute on other people, but I've not been too sure of how they would work for me. Earlier this summer I was out shopping with my wife one day and we saw this dress, and she thought it would be perfect for me even if its not exactly a maxi dress, since we had been talking about trying one out. She was so right about the dress, and I love what it does to my figure. Even better, this dress makes me want to dance. Well, I also have to add that wearing a tuxedo makes me want to dance too, but that's not what this post is about ;). I also have a secret to confess: while I have discovered more and more how much I enjoy purses, one reason I pose with them so often is so I have something to do with my hands. I also have to add, the style bloggers I've interacted with are some of the nicest people I've ever talked too! And as usual my awesome wife took the pictures.

13 comments:

  1. I want this dress! Gladiator flats would also be really cute with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands on hips usually works for me. :)

    That's a great dress! I'm scared of anything that length because I'm so short but it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I don't actually own any gladiator flats, the closest thing I own are the black heels in this post. I have serious trouble convincing myself to wear flats, and for me trying stuff on at stores to see how it looks sometimes requires discretion, but I think flats look great on a lot of other people. I'm actually about 6' tall, but there are times I wish I was shorter if you can believe it, but I don't think height matters that much. So go for long, or at least try one on in the dressing room, I think it could look great on you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I borrow this dress too?! :) It's so pretty! I wish I liked purses, but I don't. But hey that's extra money I have for dresses!

    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I wish I could loan it to you :). I used to not like purses that much, but that's started to change, and they can be fun. I save my extra money for shoes, I have a serious addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing you rock all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I'm trying not to repeat them, but I want the weather to cool down so I can break out the fall fashions and the boots. This is a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed sharing with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love the print on that dress. :D
    you look lovely in it.

    thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Paisley's really can be a fun print. Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress,I have always wanted a dress with that print.

    http://fashion-rocks-idreamtomodel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I hope you enjoy the rest of my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i love maxi dresses i have two in my closet but i only dare to wear them during occasions because i am 174cm tall when i wear them ppl give me that weird ' OH look she is so overdress ' kinda look which is pretty awkward

    i wish people in my country could open up their minds when it comes to fashion, cause some ( not all ) people here are very conservative

    ReplyDelete
  13. People here can be close minded too, but the internet is a great place to meet people who can appreciate any sense of style. I'm glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete