




- Top: Maurices
- Denim Skirt: Maurices
- Socks: Target (previously)
- Boots: Payless
This outfit turned out far better than I imagined and it was extremely comfortable too! I really like plaids, but I have trouble finding plaid tops that work out, and that don't make me feel like I look like a lumberjack, but this one worked out pretty great I think (Not that its bad to look like a lumberjack, its just not the look I'm going for! ;) ). I was also a little nervous about the pattern mixing with the socks and the top, but I thought it worked out pretty great too. These boots are also a little different since they have zippers on the outside instead of the inside. Every time I pull them out of the box, I still find myself surprised by this and only remember because I'm trying to put them on backwards.
Oh, I'm still catching up on blogs, I haven't reached the "mark all as read" futility stage yet! :) And of course, my hair was done and today's pictures were taken by my beautiful wife.
Fantastic outfit here. Love everything, down to the argyle socks :)
ReplyDeleteI love this top! I've been loving plaid tops so much lately...I'm actually TRYING to go for the lumberjack look, haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for taking the time to reply to that email I sent you. :) I got it and have read it, I just gotta reply. I'm a little slow on the emailing, too, no worries!
Love the argyle socks! The boots are pretty goshdarn great too. I need to hit up payless more often.
ReplyDelete!!! you look so cute :)
ReplyDeletethose socks compliment the shirt pattern so wonderfully <3
<3 dennica pearl
- through the eyes of a pearl
- vintage shop
Love your mix of patterns in the top and the socks! So fun!
ReplyDeleteI like the mix of patterns and colors. I'm rocking knee socks right now too! Totally not a lumberjack, fear not!
ReplyDeleteCall Me Ishmael
I love your sense of style. You dress well for your body type.
ReplyDeleteAhh boots and high socks, a blogger after my own heart! ;) Also, I totally love the title of this post! I probably could pass as a lumberjack for most of the rainy season... I really like flannels haha!
ReplyDelete(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)
Hi Matt, Plaid has been catching my eye lately and I just bought several things, we must be "in style" because my 15 year olds are decked out in plaid too. I would have never thought of argyle, but it looks great. I have ALWAYS loved argyle. YOu look great!
ReplyDeleteLove the top. Like, really love it. I haven't done the tall socks with boots thing yet, but I've really been wanting too.
ReplyDeleteway to rock the knee socks! :) This is very cute casual style! :)
ReplyDeleteLorispeak
First of all, killer outfit- love the socks with the boots. But can I tell you? When I saw you commented on all of the entries you missed, it really touched me. Thank you for taking the time to make me feel good about myself. I hope I can do the same for you :)
ReplyDeleteHow great that your boots zipper on the outside! And I think your pattern mixing works really well. Argyle and plaid are both so classic, so why not wear them together?! And I think you were very successful at finding a top that doesn't evoke a lumberjack.
ReplyDeleteWe're sock twins! And I will go and wear those socks with a plaid shirt...now.
ReplyDelete