Monday, October 4, 2010

BBCA 2: Highlights on Black.


  • Sweater: Target
  • Yellow Cami: Maurices (previously)
  • Skirt: Walmart
  • Belt: Torrid (previously)
  • Leggings: Maurices
  • Boots: Payless

This outfit is part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. It's also a little different from my norm, but it was a cool day and I was in a mood to be cozy, so my thoughts went to leggings and sweaters. I have also had mixed feelings about this skirt, which is today's pink, but its one of my few pieces with pink in it. I thought this would be a good opportunity to ask what everyone else thought about the skirt. Also, we tried some changes with how the pictures were taken today by following some advice from this post Six steps to take your fashion photos to the next level at Two Eyes in the Mirror.

I really enjoy writing posts to answer questions from the comments (or you can ask me in an email if you prefer), so feel free to ask away! And of course, today's pictures were taken by my fabulous wife!

18 comments:

  1. I'm alittle chicken to do the challenge. I have problem's commiting to a certain color, lol! Glad to see you doing it Matt! I LOVE that belt!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like that skirt ; ) I think it will remix beautifully!

    Great to see you do the pink for breast cancer week! I don't have any pink- maybe 1 necklace and 1 top lol, so the challenge won't be a good fit. I AM excited about the other challenge (wardrobe capsule) and am hoping to spread the word and see if we can get more bloggers doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LaToya - Thanks!! This is one of my new belts I got at Torrid a few weeks ago! Colors are great, even certain colors that are scary! :)

    Meli22 - Thank you!! I actually pulled all my pink pieces out of the closet, and had to sit and think about how I'm going to make this work, I had almost forgot about this skirt actually. I'm looking forward to your challenge too! And with Halloween at the end of the month, this should be an interesting month for style challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love the belt. Great skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The concentric cirlces on your skirt are so fabulously mod. I have been looking for a black and white or black and pink skirt for ages, but just haven't found one with the right type of print. Did you get it recently? If so, I just might have to stop in at the Big W to see if they have any more left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skirt, it has a good shape and length on you. The print is uber cute too. I love that you went for the red belt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots are HOT! you look gorgeous! I have a belt almost exactly like that in turquoise :) Excitinggg!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't think I could pull off keeping pink in my outfits everyday right now, so I forewent the challenge. great that you're taking it up! TBH I'm not sure how I feel about the skirt. I don't think it's the pattern (but honestly I may have no idea), maybe it's the cut/drape/shape? I love the rest of the outfit though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. meg - Thank you!! :)

    Jamie - Thanks!! Alas, I got that skirt maybe 4-5 years ago! Good luck in your search though!! :)

    Megan Mae - Thank you!! I really love this belt, it will definitely be showing up again soon! :)

    maggeygrace - Thank you so much!! A turquoise belt sounds really cool too! You can never have too many colors of belts. :)

    Lori - Thanks!! Yeah... I bought a pink cardigan today actually, inspired by this challenge. My one week is going to be hard enough, so I totally understand! Yeah, I like the print, but I think you're right, its possibly how it drapes or the cut of it... I am definitely going to remix this in the future and see how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the skirt! It's fun and I like the pop it gives against the black. Also: love your boots! And glad to hear that you enjoyed the photography tips post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your response, Matt! Bummer that the skirt is no longer available...but at least I still have a good excuse to continue my quest for the perfect black and white skirt. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley - Thank you!! Your post was really well put together, and I always try to cite my sources! :)

    Jamie - Good luck in your search! I totally know what its like to be in search of the perfect piece. I have a list of things I'm on the lookout for too. Thanks for stopping by again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm participating in the challenge too, I love the peeking lace cami underneath the blouse, cute idea! :D


    YURI
    Fashion blog:http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com
    The other blog:http://tigerlilysbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!! That's great that you're participating in the challenge too! I'm so behind on seeing what the other bloggers are doing! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you skirt.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love the subtle pattern mixing with the lace shirt peeking out from underneath and the pattern in the skirt. Those boots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! It was a pretty comfortable outfit too! :)

    ReplyDelete