Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bold black and brown.


  • Top: Maurices
  • Cardigan: Old Navy
  • Belt: Torrid (previously)
  • Pants: Maurices (previously)
  • Pumps: Isaac Mizrahi for Target

Since I already had my outfits picked out for the week, I am still remixing, and I will be remixing the first week of November again, since that is when Meli22 has rescheduled her challenge. Of course, this isn't a remix yet, since several of these pieces are new to the blog, but they will be by the end of the week! I really enjoy pairing brown and black, but I'm not always convinced they work, this outfit might be on the other side of the line, and I also feel like I might have gone overboard with the belt in this one, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the outfit. I also really like these pumps, and other than my own attempt to go through most of my shoe collection, I would wear them more often. They are from Isaac Mizrahi's collaboration with Target a couple of years ago. I have several other pairs from this collection too, and I love them all, and the best part is that they usually had my size in this line too, which Target's other brands usually don't.

In other news, it looks like almost everything is taken care of for Halloween. Maybe all the anticipation and build up on my part will just make things anticlimactic once it actually gets here. We also recently moved so we have no idea if we will get any trick-or-treaters here either. I have several plans made for next week, now I just hope they all work out. And of course, today's pictures were taken by my adorable wife!

15 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, have to say, love you, love your wife and I wish there was a Maurice's near me, because you are one of the best dressed people I've found in the blog world. (I am boring, but please stop by, every once In a while, I come up with something good.)

    Lesa
    Always Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the shoes, LOVE the top, and super proud of you for branching out with black and brown. I'm not there, yet. I'm with you on possible overboard with the belt. I think it might take away from the empire waist line of the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That being said... I think I went overboard with my belt today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You in the wide-leg trousers = good look! I think it makes you look longer and leaner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the brown with the black works here. I do think the belt overpowers the outfit today, but that is the only thing I'm on the fence about with this outfit. :)

    Lorispeak

    Enter my giveaway for Betsey Johnson swag & Anthropologie Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swirled top and brown pumps. Black and brown has got to be one of my favorite combos lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look really great in those pants! And <3 the shoes!!!

    I can't say how sorry I am about messing up the challenge... :( I feel like I let you down! I am really excited about seeing what you do though, and excited about doing it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those shoes! I think that brown and black are a cool combo- I've always been a fan! ;) I finally figured out what I'm being for Halloween but still don't have any plans, so you're still a step ahead of me haha!
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute shoes! And I love that belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are very cool colors. Great shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO loving black + brown right now-- and this is such a fantastic example of how awesome it can look :) Great outfit, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That belt is awesome! I think it gives the outfit a little extra oomph. Cute shoes too!

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesa - Thank you so much!! Haha, I really do enjoy Maurices too much, but unfortunately they also have online shopping now! :)

    Fashion Momma - Thanks!! I think your belt was great today, and the color was awesome!! :)

    Lisa - respect the shoes - Thank you!! I definitely like wide leg pants, and I could always use a few more! :)

    Lori - Thank you so much!! :)

    Megan Mae - Thank you!! I used to not be okay with black and brown, but I love combining them lately, but sometimes I just don't "feel" it! :)

    Meli22 - Thanks!! You didn't let me down at all! It totally worked out! No problems! :)

    Rio - Thank you!! Our plans are not nearly as solid as I would like, but I have a lot planned for the blog too! Yay for figuring out your costume though! I can't wait to see what all the style bloggers do for Halloween! :)

    Nicole, Coco Maria - Thank you so much!! :)

    meg - Thanks!! These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes! :)

    Mary - Thank you!! Its definitely a fun color combo! :)

    Pamela - Thank you so much!! This is a fun belt, I have to stop myself from overwearing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pants are so flattering! Awesome job, awesome outfit (of course).

    What are you being for Halloween? Or are you only going to reveal it ON Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! Its so hard for me not to tell, but I'm planning on revealing it on the blog on Halloween. I want to tell everyone though! I'm horrible at keeping secrets. :) Sadly, I have enough costume ideas for several years, but I want to keep some of those to myself, because they would be too revealing to people who know me in real life. On the plus side, I have 3 or 4 really fun posts planned for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete