Friday, October 8, 2010

BBCA 6: Ticket to Ride


  • Dress: Maurices
  • Cardigan: Old Navy (previously)
  • Belt: Torrid (previously)
  • Tights: JC Penney
  • Pumps: Payless

This outfit is part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. I've had this dress in my closet for a while, and it was one that I knew I had to have as soon as I laid eyes on it, we hadn't even entered the store, but my wife knew it too, and didn't even protest. I remembered it last week, and thought that it would be perfect for the challenge. In addition to the trim, the dress is lined in pink as well. On Tuesday, after driving around for a while, we finally found a secluded spot on the railroad tracks to get these pictures. I will also admit that I cheated and wore tennis shoes to get out there, (also, you know, to make a quick escape from anyone else who thinks secluded places on the railroad tracks are a great place to hang out...). Since going outside is a special occasion for me, we had a lot of great pictures, and its Friday, I posted seven pictures because I just couldn't cut it down more. I know, I know, I shouldn't apologize for it, but I also know that less is sometimes more!

And I'm running late again today. At least its Friday. Also, I love answering questions from the comments, so definitely feel free to ask, and I think I'm going to have a post on shopping for Monday inspired by a comment Lori made a few days ago, so if you have some questions about that, definitely ask away! Have a great weekend everyone! And of course, my absolutely wonderful and lovely wife took today's pictures!

30 comments:

  1. Ok, one, I want that dress. Two, I can't help but be afraid a train is going to come. As I scrolled down, I was more and more afraid and wanted to come save you like you were a damsel. How ridiculous am I? I LOVE this location. I really need to work on that for my outfit photos. My ugly office isn't really doing me too much justice. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THAT OUTFIT! What a lovely outfit- the dress, the stockings, everything is just perfect down to the belt. LOVE the multiple pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect all around.
    i love the photos. <3
    have a great weekend.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! I love it! This is probably one of my fav outfits of your's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So daring. A very cool photo shoot. Hope you guys went out and danced. Really a pretty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadie's Momma - Thank you so much!! And we could definitely hear if a train was coming, but yeah, it was on my wife's mind too! Okay, the idea of being a damsel in distress made me giggle a little! ;) Your office is cool! No worries about your pictures!! :)

    Meli22 - Aw, thank you!! I hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    gee - Thank you so much!! :)

    Megan Mae - Thank you!! I was pretty excited to share this outfit too, that's awesome that this is a favorite! :)

    meg - Thanks!! Hehe, actually we went home so I could change before we went to dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh favorite outfit of yours so far! That dress is adorable, and I love the belt over your sweater! Great tights as well! I have been thinking of taking pictures on the railroad tracks too for my first out-of-the-yard shoot! Have you ever read Amber Rose's blog, Laughing with Broken Eyes? These photos totally remind me of her shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photo location. Although, like Sadie's momma, I'm worried about trains coming. You're living in the danger zone :) This is a great outfit! I love the coordinating grey belt with the tights and how the dress and cardi echo each other in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rio - Thank you!! It was definitely a fun shoot, and I think we'll definitely be going back there. I haven't seen Laughing with Broken Eyes, but I will definitely check it out now! :)

    Lori - Thanks!! Haha, and I thought going outside of the apartment in a dress was living in the danger zone. I definitely enjoyed putting this outfit together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic outfit! I love the sihouette and colors...you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luffly backdrop! I'm digging that pink jeep/truck in the back, especially since it goes with your outfit and the BC challenge so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eek - Thank you!! :)

    Ashley - Thanks!! Yeah, I think it was a truck, but it was definitely a surprise bonus! We're totally doing another shoot there sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely outfit!! i adore your dress <3 and great photos!! love the railroad tracks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, you actually look great. Please dont let anyone tell you anything about who you are, what you look like, how you act or how you dont fit into the mould that they would like to see. Live your life.

    You look great. Loving that waist belt. x

    iUNDEREYE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the dress :)
    pass to my blog and follow if you want!
    kisses francesca
    http://fashionmilkshake90.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. iUnderEye - Thank you so much!! Words of encouragement are always nice to hear! Thank you! :)

    FRANCESCA GIUSTI - Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit!!! that dress is fab.!!!
    I will come back for sure
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!! I'm glad you liked my blog too! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pop of pink near the hem is so cute and fun. And I love the subtle pattern spicing up the black. I am not sure if you are familiar with Joann's blog (http://childhoodchalk.blogspot.com/), but she has taken railroad shots as well. Both of you do it so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you!! I read Joann's blog, but I've never commented, I think I will now though! I've seen several bloggers use them, and I was definitely inspired, but I couldn't think of any specific blog inspirations for this! I think I just realized it would be a secluded place and hopefully it would produce cool pictures, and I wouldn't have to be worried about being seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are venturing out! I think this has got to be one of my fave outfits on you - that dress is chic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much!! I'm definitely feeling bolder, that's for sure. I'm not sure its a good thing, but I'm having fun. Of course, Halloween is coming up, so its good to have a few practice runs getting out of the house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great dress! And awesome photo location!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yep. In love with this outfit. Totally. That dress is PERFECTION and I kind of want one. I love the outdoors shots! I'm so glad you're feeling bolder!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melanie - Thank you!! :)

    Melissa - Thanks!! Maurices usually has a lot of cute dresses, you should totally check one out if there is one near you! I'm definitely enjoying getting out and about and putting together more creative posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This is adorable! It all just flows together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Matt, these pictures and that outfit are seriously amazing. It's so nice you got to take shots outside! I always love the way you coordinate colors; the pink cardigan, the little pink ribbon on the dress. You always look so perfectly put together. And, intentional or no, I ADORE the fact that there is a pink truck in the background of these shots. Goodness. Love the shoes and the dress and the tights and just everything. And the fact that you brought tennis shoes with you. Practical, and smart!

    Oh, and your wife took really really fabulous pictures! They're lovely, and the setting really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much!! And my wife thanks you too! Hah, I love walking in heels, I really do, but yeah, the gravel at the railroad was too much. Plus, I like to take care of my shoes too! Outside shots are definitely fun, but its just not practical for every post, at least right now. And the truck was a total surprise bonus too! :)

    ReplyDelete