Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BBCA 4: Warm colors versus cold day.



This outfit is part of Melissa's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. This is also the first time I have remixed a pair of shoes on this blog, and I'm embarrassed to admit that it won't be a regular occurrence anytime soon since one of my goals for this blog is to go through many of the items in my closet rather than repeating the same pieces and outfits over and over again, and especially to go through most of my shoes. Remixing is definitely a lot of fun though, and I really do need to rethink some of the things I have, and having this blog has been extremely helpful for that too. Everyone in Melissa's challenge has been putting together some really awesome outfits, so if you haven't been to Melissa's blog and checked out how the other participants are doing, you totally should. As for me, I realized how little pink I have in my closet, and this cardigan on yesterday's outfit is brand new. A cardigan in every color is always a handy thing though, right? Right? I hope everyone is having an excellent week! (And less busy than mine...)

As always, I love to write posts to answer questions from the comments! So ask away and I will try to respond! And of course, my amazing and awesome wife took the pictures today.

16 comments:

  1. ha, if you do my challenge you will have to remix lol ;)

    Love the color of those pants! I WANT! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors your rocking! Very pretty! I'm guilty of buying things in every color too. I like having options.

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cardi! Dressing pink for breast cancer awareness month is such a great idea... maybe I'll try it for a week!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shoes! Also, I gotta say I ADORE yesterday's outfit. Perfect color palette! The pants today fit you so well, too. I have a problem with pants because I'm so short and never get anything hemmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. I was wondering if you remixed at all! I'm amazed at how many clothes (and especially awesome shoes) you have! I do have to say, it's really fun to remix and see who you can make items take on a totally different feel. I like that you remixed these shoes into this outfit. It'd be a pity not to show them more than once! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the shoes! The trousers are a great color paired with that blouse.

    I wanted to participate in Melissa's challenge too. But I have the least amount of pink clothing imaginable. Lol! I love seeing other blogger's who are still managing to work pink into their outfits! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cardigan in every color is practically a necessity! At least, that's what I tell myself :) And I absolutely LOVE those shoes-- the color scheme you've got going on here is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meli22 - I totally forgot about that while writing this post (It was 3am though!) But I'm looking forward to your challenge!! And thank you so much!! :)

    LaToya - Thank you!! And really, if you can afford, one in every color just makes sense! At least that's what I keep telling myself... :)

    Melanie - Thanks!! And you definitely should jump right in! Plenty of people have started on Melissa's challenge late, and there are several who are only doing it for a week! :)

    Ashley - Thank you so much!! That's no fun on the pants! I'm tall enough that I have the opposite problem, sometimes they're too short! :)

    Lori - Thank you!! I really do intend to start remixing, but, well, I guess I could do a post on that actually! I definitely intend to wear stuff more than once! :)

    Megan Mae - Thanks!! I totally understand, I had a little more pink in my closet than I thought, but I only committed to do a week because I wasn't sure how it would work out. But I totally agree the other bloggers are really putting together some awesome outfits! :)

    Mary - Thank you so much!! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I also have a similar "rationalization" about my shoe collection, I totally need a pair in every color as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI,
    Thanks for the post on my blog. I like what you are doing on your blog, you have a very cute fashion sense. I haven't gone through the whole blog yet, but I really liked your post on masculine and feminine dressing (contrasts I think---sorry it's 1a.m. and I am tired and can't remember it exactly right now!).
    I'd like to do the breast cancer challenge too, but I don't have enough pink either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much!! I am flattered actually! And yes, the post was "Fun with contrasts", and no need to ever apologize on my blog! :) Its definitely a fun challenge for a great cause, and more challenging than I thought it would be! If you don't feel you could do it for a month, I'm very sure Melissa is fine with whatever you can do! Just jump in, even if its only for a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving your pink looks so far. I wouldn't have thought to wear the pale pink cardi with your orangy top, but it really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks!! I have to be careful what I pair with that cardigan, its kinda thin, and my first choice of tops was clearly showing through. But I do love interesting color combos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea to wear warm colors on a cool day. I may use this as an excuse to keep wearing my summery clothes into fall -- (which I'm been doing anyway -- whoops!). The mix of coral and gray is just lovely. It looks very refined and polished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much!! Colors really do help me protest bad moods and bad weather! And I'm not a big fan of fashion rules either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink and yellow make me happy. I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! Its definitely a great color combo, and these shoes really are pretty fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete