Thursday, September 16, 2010

Orange (would go well with this).


  • Dress: Target
  • Cardigan: Torrid
  • Heels: Nine West via Amazon
  • Belt: Torrid
  • Necklace: Maurices

Okay, I'm starting to understand why other bloggers use dates for their titles. This dress is one of my rare finds from Target that I think actually works for me and fits right. It came with a narrow fabric belt in the same jewel tone that just didn't work for me, so I went with my standby wide belt. More belts are on the shopping list... so much for the less shopping! At least my shopping is more strategic these days. And I'm really having a lot of fun trying to share my wardrobe and making connections with everyone. The heels are also a dark purple, but I'm not sure shows through in the pictures. I'll be away from the computer off and on today, so I might be slow on comments, but I hope everyone has a great day! And if anyone has questions, I love questions! I will definitely try my best to answer them! As always, my beautiful wife took the pictures.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I love that gorgeous teal color! Orange would look great with it, you're right. :) And I always love a belted cardi!

    Love this outfit!!!

    PS Salvation Army has great belts for super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I have the dress and belt in my size pleasethankyouverymuchbye. : P

    Very cute!

    I've been wondering- the hair! Is that your real hair, a wig, etc? How do you wear your hair when dressed this way vs. how do you wear your hair daily?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh LOVE the color of the dress. It's so rich and vibrant. Might I also suggest wearing yellow to contrast with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is a beautiful color, so deep! I bet it would look great with so many other colors too! Nice find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the belt. I need to find a belt like that. I hear I should get a belt like that..to accentuate the positive, but I dunno where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that dress, truly. Such a pretty color, and it just works! Taking it you're not near me (in PA)- we finally got fall here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, orange would look great with that. Maybe a scarf? I have so many scarfs but I don't think I have an orange one. Thank you...I might have to go shopping now. :)

    Anyway, I love belts, and I love how you accessorized that gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa - Thank you so much!! I was actually bad and hit Torrid today! But that's a story for tomorrow, and we do occasionally hit thrift stores too, but like so many things, sizing gets me.

    Meli22 - Thanks!!! The dress was actually in the regular section (I'm on the line between plus and regular at Target), but I think its 2009 in the Merona line at Target. And thanks for the question, answer in tomorrow's post! :)

    Rio - Aww, Thanks!!

    meg - Thank you! Belts are really good for helping define a figure. :)

    Hope - Thank you!!! Haha, no, its still hitting the 80's around here. But my boots are starting to call to me. :)

    Ashley - Thank you so much!! Ooh, you're so right about the orange scarf! Good luck with your shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan Mae - Thank you!!! Yellow would be a lot of fun too. I love mixing colors up. I will definitely remember that next time I wear this dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That color looks great against your skin! You did a great job putting a beautiful outfit together! You better not forget to rock orange with this dress for us in the future!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!! I will definitely mix this up with some orange in the future! Although I'm trying to make it through a little bit more of my closet and shoe rack before I start remixing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Matt i have passed you and your lovely wife an award for your blog

    :)

    you both deserves it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, thanks!! That's so sweet of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this outfit completely on you! The belt totally works for you. And the skirt length + heels totally lengthens your legs! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! It is a fun belt, but until a few days ago, it was my only wide belt, so its showed up in several posts! :)

    ReplyDelete