Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pinstripes and Purple(the two things you can't see...)


  • Dress: Macy's
  • Belt: Torrid
  • Shoes: Payless
  • Bag: Maurices

I do a lot of shopping over the internet, and sometimes I just never know what I'm going to get. So when I ordered this dress a while back it actually ended up a little bit too big, and the belt that came with it is waaay too small, by like 4-6 sizes, how crazy is that? I was kinda bummed out it didn't fit right, but I've learned a lot from reading other style blogs. So instead of giving up, I went with what is apparently one of my wardrobe staples and grabbed my wide stretchy belt from Torrid. Problem solved! Oh yeah, a couple of details that didn't quite turn out in the pictures: The dress actually has a pinstripe pattern, and the shoes are purple with a black trim. I love how I feel in this outfit though, and I'm glad I was able to salvage the dress with a different belt. And of course my lovely wife took the pictures for me.

19 comments:

  1. I can actually see the pinstripe. this dress is killer! I would totally rock it. Maybe it would be fun to play with a different color belt next time, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I really appreciate all the comments you leave here too. :) This is the only wide belt I have, so I guess this just means I have to go belt shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the whole ensemble. The dress is really pretty and it totally works with the wide belt. Wide belts have definitely become my fashion savior! Any baggy dress immediately has shape and a new point of interest. I highly recommend going belt shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! How can I argue with comments like these? And I just thought this blog would help me shop less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always shop on line and i am always nervous that the clothes wont fit bc one store's size 6 is another store's size 10..drives me bonkers!! but i love this dress. pinstripes is always so classy and chic. you look beautiful. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! So versatile and the neckline is gorgeous. I agree with Kimberly, try a different color belt too! Those shoes are great.

    My blazer and dress today are HUGE but belts are perfect to add shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the shirt under the dress! I haven't been really into shopping over the net until lately. I'd rather go into a store to make an exchange than mail a box.

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. gee - At least we have Zappos :). I have a few brands/places I can usually trust(Nine West, Payless, Maurices). I really hate it when a place changes their sizing (and worse, sometimes I end one size bigger than they make). Thanks so much for your wonderful comment! :)

    Melissa - Thanks! Wow, everything in your post today looked it fit just perfect. I have a mission for my next shopping trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LaToya - Thanks!! Its actually a 2-fer. At least I don't have to fiddle with the shirt too. If you can find it in a store and check out the fit and how it looks on you, that's really the best. Some stores are really great about taking exchanges in store for stuff ordered online(Target and Payless will do it, I know). I've also taken advantage of in-store delivery too, and that usually has free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really nice professional outfit! And I want your wife's belt- STAT! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! :) Actually the belt pictured here is all mine! I guess I would let her borrow it. ;) Thankfully, my wife could actually wear the belt that came with the dress, which was a thin black patent belt ridiculously wrong for the measurements of this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your belt! I just bought one that is very similar!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! You have good taste in belts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that belt on you...what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh if i didn't notice if u did not mention but anyway it was a great outfit , i will wear this look to work :)

    and i hate to do online shopping because i always ends up with the wrong sizes , not all online stores are bad but some , the post up photos of item which look pretty good but i felt deceived when i receive the actual items i ordered

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! Yeah, that gets me too when something ends up being a lot different than it looked on the website too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit looks absolutely stunning on you!! I love the sophisticated shapes and details of this outfit, good job!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!! You have such a great sense of style, I really appreciate your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete