Thursday, September 30, 2010

September's Last Call.


  • Top: Maurices
  • Skirt: Maurices
  • Belt: Torrid
  • Wedges: Payless

This is an outfit from earlier in the week, and with the weather finally turning, I expect (er, hope?) this will be one of the last summery outfits I post until next year! And hey, its also the last day of September, which is a good thing, I think. September was a wild and crazy month for me and its ending with a wild and crazy day. My wife and I puzzled over this outfit too, she made some suggestions and I kept tweaking things until I just kinda stopped here. I really like it though, I think, but it still feels like something is missing. And of course my beautiful wife took the pictures and made suggestions about the outfit.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the shoes! I think you are only missing a cute handbag and some sparkly jewelry. I inevitably assemble subtly patriotic themed outfits too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit!! The shirt is super cute with the pintucks and the little pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle - Hah, I hadn't even realized I was being patriotic! Thanks!! I guess I know what I'm wearing next 4th of July! :)

    Lori - Thanks!!! I can't decide whether I'm okay with pockets on shirts! This is one of the few I have actually! Pintucks are a different matter though! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the play with pattern/color here, Matt! Or maybe it's just that I absolutely love those shoes/ that belt, either way :) We've had a couple of sporadicly warm days in the upper midwest this past week, and it's been so nice to get a few extra days out of my summer gear, so I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous red belt!! The outfit is a cute call back to summer. I think that top would be a good transitional piece if warm weather does continue. Paired with an autumnal skirt, so cute! The denim skirt is really super cute. I love the button detailing on it. I need to check out my local Maurice's sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wedges are so cute. I love patterned shoes, and this is the perfect way to wear them! And I bet they would look cute with the white skirt you wore in the previous post, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - Thank you!!! Yeah, the weather will honestly probably be sporadic here too for a while longer. :)

    Megan Mae - Thanks!!! I totally intend to remix this top later on, and I have exactly the right skirt to pair it with. I really like Maurices a lot, and they're not that expensive. :)

    Jamie - Thank you!!! Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Great idea! I will definitely remember that. Although for the time being I'm trying to avoid repeating shoes until I get through most of my collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks summer is over. At least your last outfit looked super cute!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!! I'll miss summer too, but I love layering, tights, boots, and all the other fun fashions of fall, so I think that will make up for it for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is cute Matt , i like how all the pieces are put together and WALLA there u go another awesome outfit

    its already OCTOBER ahhh , time is ticking away like a time bomb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!! I know, its frustrating when time slips away from you. I hope you're having a good day though! :)

    ReplyDelete